News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The British Cavalry Sword 1788-1912: Some New Perspectives

I just wanted to alert members to a new book by Richard Dellar; The British Cavalry Sword 1788-1912: Some New Perspectives. It is a very well researched and high quality publication and it is generously illustrated with color photos. I highly recommend it! Here is a link to the book's website: http://thebritishcavalrysword.com/

Mervyn,

It has been a while, hasn't it? My absence is due to a few factors; a cross country move, being a member of too many internet for a and getting a bit burned out, and I have not been actively collecting for a few years. But all is well with me, thanks!

Richard's book is of a similar scale as Brian Robson's book, but with a focus on cavalry swords. As far as I know there are two distributors of the book--Richard himself through his website, and Stuart Mowbray in the USA.

Jonathan

Reference books are the tools of the trade for any collector and I congratulate you on both the book review and your very interesting

interview with the author. I had heard of the book being published - however, this is the first review I have seen. I would say that

it is now a must for my library !

Thankyou for including GMIC. Best wishes Mervyn

ps. Nice to be able to put a 'face' to the name.

Thank you, Mervyn! I am glad the review was of help. I have known Richard through online fora since 2006 and I have had the pleasure of meeting him in person. He is the sort of person who is a font of knowledge, and after speaking with him one thinks, "He should write a book!" And now he has!