News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Takovo Recipients- Japan.

Rogi

Currently I'm compiling a list and taking down and trying to find as many photos of recipients of the Order of Takovo, I thought of sharing and opening up the floor to anyone who has any photos :)

Its a rare sight to see Japanese wearing many foreign orders. (at least to me) and I havn't seen many wearing Serbian decorations, so I'd like to bring to light a little known section of recipients :)

first may I present,

General Kusunose Yukihiko

I'll add more names to the list as I find photos associated with them :)

Your comments and input are greatly appreciated :)

Igor

Info. so far from my friend :D he is a savior on this one:

The Japanese party (7 members in total) wihich accompanied Prince Yorihito were given Orders by "Serbian Emperor" (King most likely :D) at Hotel Serbian Crown in Beograd at 1:00pm on March 18, 1894 as their visit memorial. Prince was given the Order of the White Eagle

The following were awarded Order of Takovo:

Mr. Shogo Nagasaki - Secretary of Minister of Imperial Household
    Mr. Munemitsu Mutsu - Minister of Foreign Affairs
    Mr. Hisamoto Hijikata - Minister of Imperial Household

My recent photo up there adds another name to the list:

General Kusunose Yukihiko who was part of this party in 1894 :)

That's the info. I have so far, I'm searching through a couple web pages for their biographies and gallery to see if I can't spot some more photos of Orders of Takovo.

• 1 month later...

Here is a link to a photo that I found today on the website of the National Portrait Gallery in the UK:

http://www.npg.org.uk/collections/search/portraitLarge/mw235312/Probably-Prince-Iesato-Tokugawa?sort=dateDesc&search=sa&sText=LAFAYETTE+%28Ltd%29&LinkID=mp08092&role=art&displayStyle=list&displayNo=60&wPage=25&rNo=1509

It is titled "Probably Prince Iesato Tokugawa". He is wearing the uniform of a Japanese nobleman and on it is the star of the Order of the White Eagle of Serbia/Yugoslavia.

Best

Ivan

Edited by Piramida

Here is a link to a photo that I found today on the website of the National Portrait Gallery in the UK:

http://www.npg.org.uk/collections/search/portraitLarge/mw235312/Probably-Prince-Iesato-Tokugawa?sort=dateDesc&search=sa&sText=LAFAYETTE+(Ltd)&LinkID=mp08092&role=art&displayStyle=list&displayNo=60&wPage=25&rNo=1509

It is titled "Probably Prince Iesato Tokugawa". He is wearing the uniform of a Japanese nobleman and on it is the star of the Order of the White Eagle of Serbia/Yugoslavia.

Best

Ivan

Hello Ivan,

Thank you so much for the find :D

It Definatley looks like Prince Iesato Tokugawa

Prince Yorihito also received the Order of the White Eagle Grand Cross.

P.S. Here is another ;)

same source :)

'>

Edited by Rogi

• 6 months later...