News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Yugoslav Flag to Japanese

JapanX

Talking about Yugoslavian awards ;)

Have this one in my collection.

Came from Japan a couple of years ago :whistle:

Order of the Yugoslav Flag with Golden Star (a.k.a. Order of the Yugoslav Flag 4th class)

It was established in 5 classes on November 26, 1947 in five classes

Order of the Yugoslav Flag with Sash (Орден југословенске заставе са лентом)

Order of the Yugoslav Flag with Golden Wreath (Орден југословенске заставе са златним венцем )

Order of the Yugoslav Flag with Golden Star on Cravat (Орден југословенске заставе са златном звездом на огрлици)

Order of the Yugoslav Flag with Golden Star (Орден југословенске заставе са златном звездом)

Order of the Yugoslav Flag with Silver Star (Орден југословенске заставе са сребрном звездом )

4th class (with Golden Star) was awarded to the advisers of the state administrations of different countries, the first secretaries of the Ministries of foreign Affairs and others persons of similar rank.

Only 955 awardings with 4th class were made until the end 1985.

• Replies 88
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess identification of cavalier isn`t possible here ...

Luckily we know cavalier name for this 1st class set (thanks you Pieter! :cheers:)

It was awarded to Mr. Harada, Grandmaster of the Ceremonies of the Imperial Household on occasion of the official visit of Tito to Japan in 1968.

1st class was intended for state and political figures (mostly Ministers), as well as foreign ambassadors, who have already completed their diplomatic mission in Yugoslavia

Only 1423 awardings with 1st class were made until the December 31, 1985.

1081 to foreigners and only 342 to citizens of Yugoslavia.

Box

Edited by JapanX

Yes, Pieter is lucky man to have this one in his collection!

P.S. Talking about stars, good thing the box was inscribed "with golden star" ...

When patinated 4th and 5th class become practically indistinguishable ;)

4th class together with ribbon and box :love:

I believe that the producer is IKOM, their Yugoslav flags (4th and 5th class) were unnumbered. ZIN on the other hand was numbering them.

When it comes to this decoration it is pretty unusual that the lower grades were awarded less than the higher.

Thanks for great pictures! :cheers:

Yes, Pieter is lucky man to have this one in his collection!

P.S. Talking about stars, good thing the box was inscribed "with golden star" ...

When patinated 4th and 5th class become practically indistinguishable ;)

I've also heard that it has happened in the past that some individuals "painted" the 5th class in order to look like the 4th.

But I don't get the point, first the price is more or less the same and also the 5th class should be even rarer that the 4th...

I've heard same stories about miniatures, apparently when it comes to 3rd type miniatures 4th class is scarce.

Edited by paja