News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Full Cavaliers of the Order of Glory - Present Day Market Realities

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2015‎ ‎6‎:‎16‎:‎10‎, slava1stclass said:

Gents,

An OGII to a Full Cavalier which fellow forum member Ferdinand is currently offering on the well-known auction site.

Regards,

slava1stclass

Fer.jpg

Fera.jpg

Gents,

It sold for $665.00.

Regards,

slava1stclass

• 2 weeks later...

I think the price it sold for ($665) seems quite good. When normal 2nd Class Glories were hitting in the $400 range, one to a full cavalier for slightly higher...not bad at all. I haven't been paying close attention to it, but I think the market is dropping considerably...I bought some low-end awards for what I thought was a "steal" only to do a bit more research and find they were only slightly under market value. Ah well... Almost good enough for me to start collecting Soviet again. Or not... ;):D 

On 17 december 2015 at 18:25, NavyFCO said:

I think the price it sold for ($665) seems quite good. When normal 2nd Class Glories were hitting in the $400 range, one to a full cavalier for slightly higher...not bad at all. I haven't been paying close attention to it, but I think the market is dropping considerably...I bought some low-end awards for what I thought was a "steal" only to do a bit more research and find they were only slightly under market value. Ah well... Almost good enough for me to start collecting Soviet again. Or not... ;):D 

Well another OG2 sold for $1200 on the same auction site a month earlier and that one wasn't even from a full cavalier... But since you're not collecting Societ again... Please tell me where you find those cheap items :D:beer:

On 18 december 2015 at 04:02, slava1stclass said:

Gents,

A Category 7 Full Cavalier set currently up for auction.  Opening bid is $16,000.00.

Regards,

slava1stclass

Wow... If that set is going to sell for that price (or more), the value definitely hasn't gone down... Can you tell me which auction site it is for sale?

Edited by USSR

• 1 month later...
    On 9/20/2015 at 16:48, Liopa said:

On 12/19/2015 at 14:23, USSR said:

Well another OG2 sold for $1200 on the same auction site a month earlier and that one wasn't even from a full cavalier... But since you're not collecting Societ again... Please tell me where you find those cheap items :D:beer:

Wow... If that set is going to sell for that price (or more), the value definitely hasn't gone down... Can you tell me which auction site it is for sale?

This doesn't quite apply to Glory Cavaliers, but just in general...I listed a bunch of medals on eBay last week for starting prices lower than the recently closed auctions I found (that's how I figured the starting price, based off what things had sold for recently). They closed last night without a single bid. I was pretty dumbfounded! I bought a small collection and will probably end up losing a lot of money on the deal...I got so frustrated I listed everything at $9.99 to get at least something back from my investment! Ouch! Seems like the market has really taken a nosedive of late... (good for collectors...not for a guy trying to sell medals!) :speechless:

(P.S. I don't know why my post is quoting Liopa...sorry about that, I meant to only quote USSR's question!)

For some reason high starting bids tend to scare people off. I would be very surprised if your awards sold for less than your previous starting bids this time. That being said, the market has definitely taken a nosedive in the last 1.5 years. Basic late-war Red Stars are often selling for just $40-50 on eBay.

On 25 januari 2016 at 15:49, Ferdinand said:

Well, we don't live in the 90s anymore... Those prices aren't coming back

Indeed! Besides, there is apx $25 silver value in those Red Stars so that alone makes Paul's value estimation unrealistic. 

• 5 weeks later...
    On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2014 at 11:03, slava1stclass said:

Gents,

As GHB notes, this is clearly a "thrown together" Full Cavalier "set." While OGI s/n 2174 is legit, it was never officially awarded and therefore has no associated OGII or OGIII.

The "advertised" OGII is a doctored OGIII. The "advertised" OGIII appears legit.

In offering OGI s/n 2174 as part of a "Full Cavalier set", the seller is simply trying to move the OGI at his original asking price for the OGI as a stand-alone piece. Steer clear.

Regards,

slava1stclass

post-1011-0-87958900-1413903812.jpg

post-1011-0-48073400-1413903814.jpg

Gents,

This "set" is once again listed on the well-known auction site for a BIN price of $11,999.00.  It's been well over a year since he last attempted to move it on the same site with no success - for obvious reasons.

Regards,

slava1stclass 

• 2 weeks later...

Gents,

Currently available at auction for an opening bid of $16,695.00.  While the OGI is legitimate, the OGII and OGIII "duplicates" are not official-issue duplicates, but rather were fabricated to round out the "set."

Regards,

slava1stclass  

3631 Seta.jpg

3631 Setb.jpg

On 8 maart 2016 at 01:12, slava1stclass said:

Gents,

Currently available at auction for an opening bid of $16,695.00.  While the OGI is legitimate, the OGII and OGIII "duplicates" are not official-issue duplicates, but rather were fabricated to round out the "set."

Regards,

slava1stclass  

3631 Seta.jpg

3631 Setb.jpg

That's a bit steep IMHO even if the set was complete and genuine...

19 minutes ago, USSR said:

That's a bit steep IMHO even if the set was complete and genuine...

Gents,

Actually, the asking price is within the current range for a Full Cavalier set like this i.e., without accompanying documentation (Ordenskaya Knizhka or Kavalerskaya Knizhka) provided all the orders are legitimate.  Consider, too, that loose/single OGIs are commanding upwards of $10,000.00 in the current market outside the former Soyuz.

Regards,

slava1stclass

1 hour ago, Paul R said:

Ohhh that would make this even more tragic. 

Thats true. But i wouldn´t count out the possibility, that these were stored for a long time and the vet just didn´t care about the suspensions and they got lost along the way.  They may have never been worn again after the war, who knows...