News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Full Cavaliers of the Order of Glory - Present Day Market Realities

Do you hint at something, "slava"??????????

To tease us thus and then withhold information would be most, er, um, well, "ungentlemanly"?

:rolleyes:

Who knows, maybe "slava1stclass" is the happy owner of these extraordinary gems :unsure: ?

He already has a large (the largest :unsure: ?) collection of Full Cavaliers of the Order of Glory sets :rolleyes: .

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Who knows, maybe "slava1stclass" is the happy owner of these extraordinary gems :unsure: ?

He already has a large (the largest :unsure: ?) collection of Full Cavaliers of the Order of Glory sets :rolleyes: .

Christian

To all:

Now that's the ticket.

Regards,

slava1stclass

Edited by slava1stclass

Now that's the ticket.

Dear "slava1stclass",

please, could you explain the meaning of "now that's the ticket" (many of us are no native speakers of English :( ) :love::unsure: ?

Does it mean, that you bought all the extraordinary groups from Igor AND that you have the largest collection of Glory-Trios :unsure: ?

Christian

No to the first and quite possibly to the second.

Dear "slava1stclass",

congratulations :cheers: .

In my view, the Glory is the most important Soviet Military Award of the GPW, besides the Victory (both had been issued at the same day ;) ).

So you might become the 2nd "Lord Ashcan" for the "Order of Glory", instead the Britisch VC :jumping: .

Michael Ashcroft has more than 150 VCs :speechless1: in his collection:

http://www.victoriacrossheroes.com/

http://www.lordashcroft.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Ashcroft

Christian

• 3 months later...

To all:

There has been a real dearth of Full Cavalier sets for sale on the open market. The last Full Cavalier set on the open market (late September 2007) had an asking price of $21,000.00.

Given that a single Glory 1st sold for $11,000.00 at a NYC dealer's recent internet-based auction, it is not unreasonable to expect the price for Full Cavalier sets to soon cross the $30,000.00 threshold (if not higher).

Regards,

slava1stclass

Hello,

quite far from the top-quality of other complete sets of Full Cavalier, here it is my Slava 1st Class, bought very long time ago.

I find this order in all its 3 classes as highly interesting, strictly bound to the historical St. George Cross for Soldiers.

Best wishes,

Enzo

Dear Enzo,

well preserved Glory 1cl with a nice gold-patina :cheers: .

The name of the full cavalier is Юдин Павел Александрович (Pavel Aleksandrovich Yudin).

Glory 1cl: s/n. 1157

Glory 2cl: s/n. 25495

Glory 3cl: s/n. 64860

http://www.mirnagrad.ru

Seems, that comrade Yudin got his Glories in 1944 :unsure: .

Did you do any research or do you have the entry of Yudin from that reference book: http://www.collectrussia.com/DISPITEM.HTM?ITEM=4206 ?

When and where did you bought your Glory 1cl - which price :rolleyes: ?

Very long time ago, you got such nice single Glory 1cl for around EUR 1.000,- .... ;)

Christian

Full Cavalier set of the 1st category vs. early labor screwbacks

...., it is not unreasonable to expect the price for Full Cavalier sets to soon cross the $30,000.00 threshold (if not higher).

Dear slava1stclass,

if you have a look at the hammer prices (+ the 15 % buyers premium!) of all the early republican labour screwbacks at Dimitry's NY-auction, then USD 30.000,- for a Glory-Trio of the 1st category appears like a bargain ;) .

The fact is, that a Full Cavalier set of the 1st category is almost as rare, as most of these extremly high-prized labor screwbacks.

Another fact is, that a Glory-Trio has a different historic importance and more prestige as these labor awards of the 1920s and 1930s.

At the moment there seems to be a disproportion in market value .... :rolleyes:

Christian

Hi Christian,

first of all, thank you very much for the information!, Now I'll go and look for Yudin's biography in "Kavalerij Ordena Slavy Trekh Stepeney", Moscow, Voyennizdat, 2000.

Thank you too for the further reference.

I've bought the piece back in 1993 in Milan, at the "Militalia" militaria show for 900.000,- Lire (approx. 450,- Euro).

The piece shows a lot of wear and a point is even slightly bent, but I agree, the patina and overall appearance are highly attractive.

Another question: what type of gold is that of the Slava 1st Class? I mean if 18, 22 or 24 Carats...

Thank you again and best wishes,

Enzo

Dear Enzo,

congratulations :cheers: - you made almost 2.000 % profit with your Glory 1cl within 15 years :rolleyes: .

The fact is, that today you won't get a sloppy done 950-gold-copy of a Glory 1cl for EUR 450,-, because the price of the gold is much higher ....

For getting the full citation of your Glory 1cl, you have to get your award researched, because the citations in the reference book are very, very short and not very exactly. If you don't already have it, I can PM the e-mail-adress of our researcher, who has access to the archives in Podolsk, to you.

I don't know, how common the name "Yudin" is in Russia, but maybe there is some relation to Stalin's favorite pianist Maria Yudina: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Yudina :unsure: ?

Christian

Hi Christian,

first of all, thank you very much for the information!, Now I'll go and look for Yudin's biography in "Kavalerij Ordena Slavy Trekh Stepeney", Moscow, Voyennizdat, 2000.

Thank you too for the further reference.

I've bought the piece back in 1993 in Milan, at the "Militalia" militaria show for 900.000,- Lire (approx. 450,- Euro).

The piece shows a lot of wear and a point is even slightly bent, but I agree, the patina and overall appearance are highly attractive.

Another question: what type of gold is that of the Slava 1st Class? I mean if 18, 22 or 24 Carats...

Thank you again and best wishes,

Enzo

• 5 months later...

...and another.

As a Collector and someone interested in the Slavas...I would to know if there is some book where the OB of the WW" Red army, listed their forces and situation at differents war years. I?m a researched Group Slava 3c, and the owner has too the "Liberation of Budapest" medal, he is in the 49 Shock Army and I would to know more about this unit?s moves...

thanks

Miguel