News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Full Cavaliers of the Order of Glory - Present Day Market Realities

• 3 weeks later...
    On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2015 at 11:05, slava1stclass said:

Gents,

An outstanding Category 1 Full Cavalier set currently available at auction.  Opening bid is $17,350.00. 

It's been quite some time since a set this nice has hit the market.

Regards,

slava1stclass

FKS1.jpg

FKS2.jpg

Gents,

With no takers thus far, the opening bid was recently lowered to $16,000.00.

Regards,

slava1stclass

Edited by slava1stclass

• 2 weeks later...
    On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2015 at 22:02, slava1stclass said:

Gents,

A Category 7 Full Cavalier set currently up for auction.  Opening bid is $16,000.00.

Regards,

slava1stclass

Set.jpg

Seta.jpg

Gents,

With no takers thus far, the opening bid was recently lowered to $12,500.00.

Regards,

slava1stclass

• 2 months later...

Gents,

As things have been relatively quiet of late, I thought I'd post this set from days gone by.  Its $4,400.00 purchase price suggests it was on the market sometime in the early 2000s.  One of the other NYC-area dealers had offered it.

While all the orders appear good, the OGII's number appears to have been altered to match the set. 

Regards,

slava1stclass

Set1a.jpg

Set1b.jpg

3 hours ago, slava1stclass said:

Gents,

As things have been relatively quiet of late, I thought I'd post this set from days gone by.  Its $4,400.00 purchase price suggests it was on the market sometime in the early 2000s.  One of the other NYC-area dealers had offered it.

While all the orders appear good, the OGII's number appears to have been altered to match the set. 

Regards,

slava1stclass

Set1a.jpg

Set1b.jpg

Well, the s/n. of the OGII is a rather crude fake ;-)

Hi,

just out of intrest, and knowing nothing about these.... I read the OGII engraving is fake, so as a complete Ignoramus let me guess.... it is the one in the middle?

Even as someone who just occasionally sees Russian engraving, the numbers look very unusual?

Best

Chris

Yes, dear Chris, the one in the middle!

First the style of the engraved numbers is totally unusal in Russia. Second the engraving is not done in a professional and fluent way. Third the number "1" is done in a typical anglo-saxon style.

Question to slava1stclass: The price of 4.4 k USD is not a current sales price? If you deduct the actual price for one ounce of pure gold, it seems a bit too cheap.

19 hours ago, Christian Zulus said:

Well, the s/n. of the OGII is a rather crude fake ;-)

11 hours ago, Christian Zulus said:

Question to slava1stclass: The price of 4.4 k USD is not a current sales price? If you deduct the actual price for one ounce of pure gold, it seems a bit too cheap.

Gents,

As noted in my original post, while the OGII order itself appears legitimate, its serial number was altered to match this Full Cavalier's awarded OGII serial number. 

As also noted in my original post, the $4,400.00 purchase price dates to the early 2000s and is not reflective of current market asking prices for a comparable set.  Said prices tend to range from $12,500.00 to $18,000.00 depending on the orders' condition and any accompanying documentation; the point of sale i.e., in the former Soyuz or in the West; and the Full Cavalier's combat pedigree which is a combination of the awardee's military occupational specialty, Guards status and the actual OGI award recommendation write up.  As an example, a knock-you-off-your-feet OGI recommendation that is very fact filled and descriptive - regardless of MOS, Guards status or location of cited action - will always command a premium as will Full Cavalier sets whose OGI is based on a late-war descriptive recommendation for action in Koenigsberg or Berlin. 

Regards,

slava1stclass

Edited by slava1stclass

• 3 weeks later...
    10 minutes ago, Christian Zulus said:

Dear slava1stclass,

do you have any informations about the hammer-price (incl. fees), if it was sold?

Kind regards

Christian

Christian,

The two-week auction's opening bid was set at 400,000 Hryvnia (the Ukrainian currency) and ended at that amount with two total bids placed.  I can only assume the set sold.  This particular Ukrainian online auction site assesses a 1% commission on all sales greater than 8,000 Hryvnia.  In this instance, that would have amounted to a $160.00 commission.

Regards,

slava1stclass

• 4 weeks later...
    On 6.8.2016 at 21:02, slava1stclass said:

Gents,

This loose OGII to a Full Cavalier sold in April 2016 somewhere in the $700.00 to $800.00 range.  Sale was in the former Soyuz.

Regards,

slava1stclass

OGII.jpg

OGIIa.jpg

Rather moderate price!

2 hours ago, mihaizaha said:

Nobody can or want to help?

A bit "overpolished" ;-) , but looks authentic! 3rd classes are usually not faked.

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 02:54, mihaizaha said:

Dear gents!

What do you think about this one? Original?Any help appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Mihai Z.

Mihai Z.,

In the future, please do not post such requests in this thread.  This thread is reserved for discussions relating to Orders of Glory associated with Full Cavaliers.  Please feel free to start a separate thread/topic when you seek opinions on a given order/medal.  Thank you.

Regards,

slava1stclass

Thank you guys!

5 hours ago, slava1stclass said:

Mihai Z.,

In the future, please do not post such requests in this thread.  This thread is reserved for discussions relating to Orders of Glory associated with Full Cavaliers.  Please feel free to start a separate thread/topic when you seek opinions on a given order/medal.  Thank you.

Regards,

slava1stclass

I m sorry sir for the mix up!

Can the moderators cut of my bit out?

Best regards,

Mihai

• 4 weeks later...
    On 20 March 2016 at 16:48, Gerd Becker said:

Thats true. But i wouldn´t count out the possibility, that these were stored for a long time and the vet just didn´t care about the suspensions and they got lost along the way.  They may have never been worn again after the war, who knows...

Oh, he did wear them all right!

Челиков Владимир Иванович 
    05.03.1915 - 07.10.2008

image.jpeg

Edited by Egorka

• 2 weeks later...

Gents,

A group of Full Cavalier-related documents to a Guards airborne sapper.  It is currently available at auction in the former Soyuz with an opening bid of slightly under $1,000.00.  Among the items included are his Full Cavalier booklet, his orders booklet and his 1985 jubilee award OPWI booklet.

Regards,

slava1stclass

Docs.jpg

Docsa.jpg

Edited by slava1stclass

Gents,

Currently available on the well-known auction site for a buy-it-now price of $3,500.00.  The orders booklet and OGII only first surfaced at auction in Ukraine a couple of years back.  Since then, the "OGIII" has now suddenly appeared.  While I'm confident in the OGII's and orders booklet's authenticity, I can't say the same for the OGIII based on the images below.  While the OGIII's "serial number" matches that awarded to the Full Cavalier in question, the likelihood of the original OGIII being found and then reunited with the OGII and orders booklet seems remote at best.  The seller is in Latvia and has a solid eBay reputation.

In any event, this an interesting offering as the Full Cavalier in question initially served in an airborne unit and later transitioned to duties as an aerial gunner/radio operator in an IL-2 Shturmovik ground attack aircraft.  His OGIII recommendation included credit for shooting down a German aircraft.  His IL-2 pilot would go on to earn the HSU title.

Regards,

slava1stclass

OKf.jpg

OK.jpg

OKa.jpg

OKb.jpg

OKc.jpg

OKd.jpg

OKe.jpg

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 15:51, slava1stclass said:

Gents,

Currently available on the well-known auction site for a buy-it-now price of $3,500.00.  The orders booklet and OGII only first surfaced at auction in Ukraine a couple of years back.  Since then, the "OGIII" has now suddenly appeared.  While I'm confident in the OGII's and orders booklet's authenticity, I can't say the same for the OGIII based on the images below.  While the OGIII's "serial number" matches that awarded to the Full Cavalier in question, the likelihood of the original OGIII being found and then reunited with the OGII and orders booklet seems remote at best.  The seller is in Latvia and has a solid eBay reputation.

In any event, this an interesting offering as the Full Cavalier in question initially served in an airborne unit and later transitioned to duties as an aerial gunner/radio operator in an IL-2 Shturmovik ground attack aircraft.  His OGIII recommendation included credit for shooting down a German aircraft.  His IL-2 pilot would go on to earn the HSU title.

Regards,

slava1stclass

OKf.jpg

OK.jpg

OKa.jpg

OKb.jpg

OKc.jpg

OKd.jpg

OKe.jpg

Gents,

Although I had my reservations, a knowledgeable fellow collector has confirmed the OGIII's authenticity. 

One correction.  Osipov's OGIII recommendation credited him with damaging and not shooting down a Me-109 fighter.  After three long bursts from his machine gun, the German fighter began trailing smoke and returned to its lines.

Regards,

slava1stclass

Edited by slava1stclass