News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Very,very nice Gordon!

Could you have a look at this Schwerin HSF please mate,I am slightly unsure about it.The left bridge window is not as well formed as the other four,I think the repros are totally missing the window??. I'm sure I have read that this poorly formed window irregularity is a trait on some HSF's made by Schwerin?

Cheers

Dave

[attachmentid=950]

reverse

[attachmentid=951]

Edited by Dave B

Michel,

Sadly, the exterior of the case is not so nice and has some damage. I still like it though as they are very very hard to find !

Nick,

I'm pretty certain the one you show is a fake. Probably a casting taken from a genuine fo badge as the "master". The hinge block is a major give away.

Edited by Gordon Williamson

Michel,

Sadly, the exterior of the case is not so nice and has some damage. I still like it though as they are very very hard to find !

Thank you for the picture Gordon, and I agree with you, the KM boxes are very very hard to find, I will be happy with this one...

• 4 weeks later...

Beautiful box Gordon and rather like, 'rocking horse $$$$'.

This RS&S came in a packet, found in a nice large retailors box......which could have been related the badge in association only (probably had lots of goodies in there at one time) or not, we'll never know for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

Spectacular gilt finish! jumping

Hi Bob,

Thank you. I have owned this badge since 1980 or so, I have really have not seen too many with gilt as nice as this. When it comes to KM badges, I am very pciky and want them as mint as possible.

Regards,

Jody

• 3 months later...
    Guest Darrell

Sorry to be a Forum Hopper, but I'm quite sure not all here visit WAF. Anyway. I went and took a few more pictures of the HSF that i showed above. Please keep note that the above two pictures were taken with a scanner.

Hi all ... just to follow up on scanner vs. Digital Pictures ... take a look at the obverse that I took a nice 7MP shot of today. Hard to believe its the same badge huh?

It really is stunning up close in hand

:jumping:

Edited by Darrell