News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

White helmets - Burnley

Good morning everyone. I have been offered these two helmets which have Burnley helmet plates.

Can anyone tell me anything about the history of these helmets within the Burnley Police.

Are they Band helmets? Summer issue helmets? Did Burnley actually use white helmets at any point in time?

Thank you.....any definite information would be gratefully received.

Ross

They look military - but that doesn't mean the Police couldn't have used them ? What happened to Burnley - did

it become part of the West Midlands Police ? If so, then perhaps their museum could help ? I'm sure that one of our

Members will be able to help.

Ross - for future police posts it would be better for them to be on the Police Forum - more people with interest, will see

them there. Mervyn

Hello Ross,

Very interesting helmets and after reading Mervyn's comments I have moved the post to this section.

As Mervyn has mentioned there is a better chance of an answer if the post is here.

I've left a link to this section in the other section just in case someone was looking up some research and now wants to respond. I'll remove the link in a few days and the post will "live" here.

Regards

Brian

Thank you both. Have noted your comments on where the posts should be.....thats down to me not looking properly in the first place! Burnley became part of Lancashire Police Mervyn. I agree with you that the helmets have more of a military look to them. The one with chrome badge has no other holes and has the badge fitted in its original position. I hope that I am able to close a deal on them. Thanks both.............Ross,

• 2 weeks later...

Quite a few forces preferred this rather more military style - Nottingham City and subsequently Nottinghamshire amongst them. Sadly the powers-that-be decided to switch to a Met-style helmet (but, thankfully, still with Nottingham's unique furniture) a few years ago.