News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Seen this for sale on Ebay. Its listed as Glamorgan Police. I believe it to be Glamorgan Yeomanry or Militia. The Glamorgan dragon motif was not introduced by Glamorgan Constabulary until 1904. The advertised badge central dragon / scroll motif is different in size to an authentic early post 1904 Glamorgan Constabulary badge, plus the dragon motif and Queen Victoria crown would never have been on the same badge. Any comments or views please?

• 3 weeks later...

Has appeared on ebay again from the same seller. He has admitted that this appears to be a fake, made up badge that has had a crown removed and another fixed in its place. Could be a KC Glamorgan Constabulary helmet plate, painted black with the addition of a Victorian period crown. Someone went to a lot of trouble to make up what appears to be a fake badge. Just proves that you have to be careful what you are buying.

Well done for posting this fake Ross. At least one member has been saved from wasting money.

Have you seen this seller on before ?

Sebastien - welcome to GMIC - good that we were able to be of help and we look forward to seeing you post. Mervyn

I was very disappointed when I contacted the seller in the first instance to say that the badge had never existed in the history of the Glamorgan Constabulary. He thanked me and said he would 'notify the winning bidder'. Naughty to say the least!!! But whoever won it

obviously returned it to him as it has a appeared on ebay again. Its obviously a more modern Glamorgan helmet badge with the original QCor maybe KC crown cut off and a Victorian style crown re-fitted and then given a thick coating of black to hide the join.