News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ribbonbar Fuerstl. Bauverwalter Friedrich Multhaup Detmold

Hi,

I would like to show you my latest purchase, combined with a research question.

It is the ribbonbar of Friedrich Multhaup, Fuerstlicher Bauerverwalter in Detmold (born 7th Sept. 1861 in Detmold).

It contains of

- war merit cross / war honor medal Lippe-Detmold (non-combatant-ribbon)

- golden merit cross HO Lippe-Detmold

- Leopold-order Lippe-Detmold merit cross

- silver merit cross HO Lippe-Detmold

- cross of Allgmeines Ehrenzeichen Prussia

- long service medal Prussia

- Combatants-club cross Lippe-Detmold

- 1897-medal Lippe-Detmold

- 1905- medal Lippe-Detmold

The combination is quite unique and unfortunately the mini-chain of Friedrich Multhaup was sold separately.

My dear friend Rick knew the big medalbar of F.Multhaup for sure...does anyone else know, in which collection the big medalbar actually is?

Best regards

Roman

P.S. Sorry for the poor picture quality, but my scanner is not working any longer :-/

Beautiful ribbon bar. If I am not mistaken, the award on the non combatant ribbon was the war merit cross according to the miniature chain.

Yes, but according to Rick´s rolls it was a war merit medal. That´s why I´m pretty sure, the big medalnbar still exists, because Rick must have known it.

At the miniature chain, there is also the cross of "Allgemeines Ehrenzeichen" Prussia missing, that´s why I´m not putting much trust on it.

Maybe missing items were replaced by the wrong awards (e.g. KHD cross Prussia).

@ Chris

No...green would disturb the whole image :shame:

BR

Roman

I see, I was not aware of the rolls. In fact I did wonder about the missing Allgemeines Ehrenzeichen on the miniature chain, Looks as though it was replaced by the Kyffhauser veterans medal.

To be fair, some green with all that red would make it perfect for Christmas :whistle:

• 2 years later...

One important remark and I'm sure Andreas will confirm this, too:

The medalbar sold via Thies is NOT the one from Multhaup, no matter if it declared as Multhaup's medalbar!!!

This medalbar belonged to somebody else.

1 hour ago, Solomon said:

One important remark and I'm sure Andreas will confirm this, too:

The medalbar sold via Thies is NOT the one from Multhaup, no matter if it declared as Multhaup's medalbar!!!

This medalbar belonged to somebody else.

Hi Gents,

while talking to Roman about this photo before, he managed to 

find the right former owner from the medal bar Komtur was showing.

Maybe Roman can tell us the story and the right name.

Kind regards
    Andreas

Indeed, while discussing with Andreas about Multhaup and crosschecking the award lists, only one possible candidate remained:

Georg Mönnig, Postverwalter in Schieder-Schwalenberg, born 19th August in 1855

He got:
    - Silver and Golden merit cross of the house-order Lippe-Detmold
    - merit cross Leopold-order Lippe-Detmold
    - merit cross of the combatants.club Lippe-Detmold
    - 1897 medal Lippe-Detmold
    - 1905-cross Lippe-Detmold (In this list he was named as Georg Mönning, I checked my copies)

For sure he got also the war merit medal Lippe-Detmold after 1915.

And this medal in combination with my ribbon-bar and Andreas´ nice photo shows exactly, that the medalbar at the Thies auction cannot be from Multhaup.
    Multhaup had already 1915 the cross of the Allgemeines Ehrenzeichen Prussia and a long service medal Prussia.The bar at Thies is after 1915 due to the war merit medal (awarded since 1915) and there is no reason, why the Prussian awards are missing, while Multhaup is wearing them at his ribbonbar.
    In addition I was always wondering why the miniature chain was showing a war merit cross and not a war merit medal at the 1st position....now I know ;-)

Regards and special thanks to Andreas for the final clarification on Multhaup
    Roman