News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Soviet Bravery Medal - Медаль За отвагу

Any guesses on the time period it was issued?

3.6mil serial number should be around 52 to 56 ish :S around there, I mean if you're super super lucky it could be a Korean War one :D but I've never seen a order or medal for the Korean war :)

It is most likely a catch up from WW2 or something similar. That was awarded later on. The serial number range varies when they've issued the order.

Edited by Rogi

3.6mil serial number should be around 52 to 56 ish :S around there, I mean if you're super super lucky it could be a Korean War one :D but I've never seen a order or medal for the Korean war :)

It is most likely a catch up from WW2 or something similar. That was awarded later on. The serial number range varies when they've issued the order.

Thanks! This is researchable by number though, correct?

Most likely a WW2 catch-up award. With catch-up awards it's nearly impossible to date them more accurately - the medal could have been awarded on paper in 1945 but also in 1941. These medals can certainly be researched.

They stopped numbering these in January 1947.

Edited by Ferdinand

• 5 months later...

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_06_2014/post-14524-0-36012600-1403795577.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_06_2014/post-14524-0-71613300-1403795235.jpg

What You think about these "Za Otvagu" medals? Must have belonged to one person. They have the sequential serial number!

So who was the owner and what they are worth?

Thank You!

What You think about these "Za Otvagu" medals?

Originals

Must have belonged to one person.

Could be especially since (most likely) both were found near remains of the hero by some "black digger" ...

Edited by JapanX

Originals

Could be especially since (most likely) both were found near remains of the hero by some "black digger" ...

We have serial numbers and maybe someone can check when and where he died.

And how rare is that one person get at same time two "Za Otvagu" medals? It's weird to me. Why they don't give him some higher medal or order?

Edited by AndresT