News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Even Blackadder can cause a political rift

Nick

I refer everyone to Rudyard Kipling's poem " Tommy ". Everything becomes much clearer, it seems, in hindsight. Today it's not politically correct to honor those who served so gallently when their country needed them the most. These left wing academics, celebrities, and hand wringing navel-gazers are repugnent.

• Replies 106
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Michael,

Welcome to the forum, good to see another Canuck on board.

I would have had to agree with your comment back in the 1970s but I do believe that today the respect and reverence for those who served and are serving today has returned somewhat.

Of course that's what makes this a great country, being able to have two points of view without throwing bricks at on another.

Regards

Brian

Yes, welcome aboard, Michael! Brian and I are fellow 'colonials' and reserve our bricks for each other - part of a long standing feud between his obscure little burg and the thriving metropolis where I live!

[That would be New Hamburg Ontario and Alliston Ontario and if you have to look them both up you're not the only one! :cheeky: ]

Peter,

How many times must we go over this? The ranking of importance is not linked to alphabetical order!

Also, on most newly printed maps at least WE don’t have to “pencil in” the name of our little town. :lol:

Regards

Brian

• 4 weeks later...

Nope, can't top DOS. Although I have persuaded the town clerk to take lessons in using the abacus from the guy who runs our 'ethnic restaraunt', because Joe's arthritis gives him Hell when he pulls that long arm on the adding machine dozens of times a day.

Oh, and the buggy whip factory has put on a second shift. That's two people we won't have to send out of town for work! :cheeky: