News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Civil and police medalbar

Hi all,

This medalbar came in today. Any thoughts on this one?

Identification would be a blast but I don't think that's gonna happen... :banger:

or a photo with the bar in wear has to pop up somewhere... :jumping:

Any information is welcome.

Regards, Peter

Hi Peter,

Nice Godet's bar... a bit beaten up, but I think it's a authentic one...notice also the convex metal bar (not straight) that follow the shape of the upper breast where the medal bar should be worn. Also the configuration in the back indicates in all the details that this is a Godet. Very likely it was badly stored in the the last 60 years. The wearer could have been a very young WWI veteran who could have risen to a quite senior police officer rank, but with no documents supporting this, there's no way to identify the owner of this bar.

Nice one, nevertheless! :cheers:;)

ciao,

Claudio

Hi Claudio,

Thanks for your reply. My first thoughts were also towards an original Godet bar, but you can never be to sure on these pieces. Thanks for the confirmation :cheers:

It would be cool though if someone could dig out a photo with the bar in wear :rock on:

Regards, Peter

Not true. There is a list of police NSDAP members. This bar (if real) would date from 1940-1942 and the guy would be one of fewer than a 100 NSDAP members who were in the Police and had party numbers below 180,000 AND were Party officials! My guess is that this guy was not a Berlin cop, since so many of those senior officers got an Olympic medal...but it's not an absolute rule, merely a place to look....but note also the lack of Other state medals.

Glenn may be able to help you.

Edited by Ulsterman

• 9 months later...

Not true. There is a list of police NSDAP members. This bar (if real) would date from 1940-1942 and the guy would be one of fewer than a 100 NSDAP members who were in the Police and had party numbers below 180,000 AND were Party officials! My guess is that this guy was not a Berlin cop, since so many of those senior officers got an Olympic medal...but it's not an absolute rule, merely a place to look....but note also the lack of Other state medals.

Glenn may be able to help you.

Hi Peter,

Nice Godet's bar... a bit beaten up, but I think it's a authentic one...notice also the convex metal bar (not straight) that follow the shape of the upper breast where the medal bar should be worn. Also the configuration in the back indicates in all the details that this is a Godet. Very likely it was badly stored in the the last 60 years. The wearer could have been a very young WWI veteran who could have risen to a quite senior police officer rank, but with no documents supporting this, there's no way to identify the owner of this bar.

Nice one, nevertheless! :cheers:;)

ciao,

Claudio

Hi all,

I've been looking for some time now for a name, been through quite a list of police personnel.

I might have a possible match, but it could also be a very long shot.... I found this photo of Gerret Korsemann.

Can anyone tell what the awards of Korsemann are and if they are a unique combination?

Peter

Thanks for the info :)

This list states a Landesorden and no social welfare medal

Can anyone confirm he also received a social welfare medal?

Can anyone confirm he received a landesorden (and which one) and would it have been logical to wear it or not wear it?