News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Manchukuo National Foundation Commemorative Medal

fjcp

So it looks like a nice one of these is for sale on Ebay...Nice medal and case but the wrong ribbon. Starting at $2000..One sold a few years for a bit more than that iirc but that had the correct ribbon.

JC

ps. If you happen to have a spare ribbon for one of these please give me a shout. I've been looking for one for years..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultra-RARE-MANCHUKUO-National-Foundation-IMPERIAL-Medal-1933-JAPAN-/221360363985?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item338a1b19d1#ht_311wt_1263

Edited by fjcp

One thing that stands out with these medals is the thickness. They are considerably thicker than any of the other Manchukuo or Japanese medals I've seen/have. Also PuYi's nose sticks out quite a bit...Poor guy.

Anybody have a picture of this medal being worn?

Thanks

JC

PS. Sorry about the terrible picture.

Edited by fjcp

Good point Nick. What was I thinking :) and shame about there being no pictures.

Obviously this one is rare but can we speculate on numbers issued?

If the numbers in the cases are even a slight indicator of rarity, we may be talking very few indeed.

Was Peterson correct in stating that this was a personal award from the Emperor? Are there any conclusions we can draw from the ribbon bar that David was kind enough to post? Nothing too spectacular on that bar other than this medal. So nobody too high ranking per se.

JC

Same picture again just slightly less zoomed in.

Edited by fjcp

Was Peterson correct in stating that this was a personal award from the Emperor?

If it is indeed personal award from the Last One, then I have a feeling that he was way too personal with way too many.

I know about at least 10 different original medals ;)

Are there any conclusions we can draw from the ribbon bar that David was kind enough to post? Nothing too spectacular on that bar other than this medal. So nobody too high ranking per se.

Definitely not Marshal or Prince :whistle:

Cant imagine who that might be! :)

So it looks like $2000 is where it stayed. I guess the buyer is going to be on the hunt for a ribbon. Only been a 5 year search for me with no luck.

Jc