News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ausweis Freikorps Pfeffer

Serge

Isn't yours with gold cord? Anyway, very nice. I feel these are grossly undervalued in Nimmergut's reference. They really don't turn up very often at all. But, I guess i shouldn't complain since I picked it up for less than even the current low catalogue price.

Edited by bolewts58

Thanks Destruction,

I didn´t even know that different classes exist.

Now I´ve to check the Militärpaß.

Regards

Andreas

Andreas,

It was pretty complicated. Fangschnur of VII. Armee-Korps (FK Duesseldorf, Lichtschlag etc) had only 2 classes, usual green and green with additional silver cord (for 3 and 9 months). Pfeffer went further. He used two classes, but also added one more, with black cord, making it in 3 grades (for FK Pfeffer only).

Best!

Serg

Serge

Isn't yours with gold cord? Anyway, very nice. I feel these are grossly undervalued in Nimmergut's reference. They really don't turn up very often at all. But, I guess i shouldn't complain since I picked it up for less than even the current low catalogue price.

Did you mean silver cord? This one for sure is black, we compared it to silver one closely.

Yep, the price was good, congrats! I had a huge desire to buy it myself, to be honest :)

Brian,

The one with black cord is described by Klietmann. Since it was done based on his writings to Pfeffer himself, I hope we can trust him in this very case.

I was thinkin about silver grade as well first, but we did compare it to a silver one, and no--it's black. Does not look like oxidation.

Best!

Serg

Serg

Thanks for the info. I actually thought there were only 2 types, as listed in Nimmergut. But, after your post I went through some old notes I had from Verkuilen Ager and noticed the mention of the one with black cord.