News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1894 25th Wedding Anniversary Medal

Gensui

Gents,

I’d like to share my latest acquisition with you – a cased 25th Wedding Anniversary Commemorative Medal.

The case is slightly dented alongside, but I’m hesitating trying any “repair” (e.g. pushing the “scratch/dent “from the inside). There might be a risk that the lacquer surface will flake.

I may clean the surface of the case, but won’t touch this nice patina of the medal itself.

There is a visible indentation in the insight of the case and I guess, this medal “slept” in the case for a long time. I’m curious, how long it will take to get the award document for this beauty… :whistle:

Does anybody know, if foreigners were awarded with this medal? For example, any foreign ambassadors or diplomats, who joined this ceremony?

Comments are welcome - enjoy the pics!

BR,

Chris

Love this patina! :love:

Congrats man! :beer:

Next stop - attachicon.gif9.jpg :whistle:

Nope! One out of 33 awarded medals is too tough (although I'm still wondering, how much realy very minted...) ;)

I think getting a citation is much easier compare to the golden Wedding Com. Medal.

BTW, any ideas about any possible awarded medals to foreigners?

BR, Chris

Nope! One out of 33 awarded medals is too tough (although I'm still wondering, how much realy very minted...) ;)

Pessimist! :whistle:

BTW, any ideas about any possible awarded medals to foreigners?

Why not? Especially since according to statute it was awarded to every human being that was invited to the wedding celebration ;)

• 4 months later...
    • 7 months later...

…to be honest, I don’t believe here in a golden version of this medal.

Case looks mostly like the one for the Promulgation medal and the medal itself could be a “deadly-polished†silver medal. I’m not sure about the base material of this medal.

I would had expect some more prominent case with some golden flower décor (compare to the case of the silver medal) for the golden Wedding Anniversary Medal...

BR,

Chris