News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Navy Badges

Based on the hull numbers, I think they're probably pre-WW II. USS Fanning (DD-385) served from 1937 - 1948. I didn't find a reference to submarine E-9, but Submarines E-1 and E-2 were commissioned in 1912. This boat seems a little later to me, but I'm a tin can sailor, so don't put any money on it.

Best,

H

Neat stuff. I was thinking DD-385 was British because it is 800 silver. I hadn't really paid much attention to these before. Glad to have posted them here. The sub has EB on it are you guys referring to the class?

George

Neat stuff. I was thinking DD-385 was British because it is 800 silver. I hadn't really paid much attention to these before. Glad to have posted them here. The sub has EB on it are you guys referring to the class?

George

Nope, just old eyes--- It looks like E9 to me on the conning tower--- I wouldn't argue with EB, especially since you have it in hand.

Edited by Doc

Thanks for the clarification. EB almost certainly refers to Electric Boat, for many decades the US Navy's premier submarine builder. That may revive my thought that this is a later design than the E-9 we've been talking about. I'm back to a late 30's or WW II era. Where are the submarine veterans? Someone will surely recognize that silhouette.

H