Gentleman's Military Interest Club

Following on John's excellent thread on Luftwaffe Badge Makers Marks, here are some of those which will be found on KM War Badges.

Funcke & Bruninghaus of Lüdenscheid. (F&BL)

So far, on KM Badges, only seen as the LDO Herstellermark, L/56. None noted yet with the F&BL initials.

Found on, - U-Boat Badge, Marine Artillerie Badge and Minesweeper.

Roudolf Souval of Vienna.

Contrary to what was a popularly held belief for many years, both angular and round forms of the letters were used on wartime products.

Souval manufactured - U-Boat Badge, Auxiliary Cruiser, Destroyer, High Seas Fleet, Minesweeper, 2nd Pattern E-Boat, Blockade Breaker, Marine Artillerie

Schwerin came in a variety of styles.

The stamped version so far only seen on U-Boat Badges (often quite faint)

The version Schwerin / Berlin 68 in relief, found on the Destroyer Badge and 1st pattern E-Boat

Edited by J Temple-West

Schwerin Berlin in relief ( without "68") found on the Auxiliary Cruiser and Marine Artillerie badges

and Ausf. Schwerin Berlin in conjunction with Placzek designers mark, found on Minesweeper and Blockade Breaker

Edited by J Temple-West

F.O. for Friedrich Orth of Vienna. Usually has an "underline" to the letters but this is fragile and will often have partially flaked away. Found on U-Boat Badge, High Seas Fleet, Destroyer, Auxiliary Cruiser.

Edited by J Temple-West

Foerster & Barth (L/21) So far found on U-Boat Badge, Destroyer Badge, Auxiliary Cruiser, Minesweeper, High Seas Fleet.

Edited by J Temple-West

Hermann Wernstein (W within a circle) often on KM badges, as here, partially obscured by the gilding finish.

So far found on U-Boat, Minesweeper, Flak.

Hello Gordon,

This is great information! I'm going to a couple of markets in Cologne tomorrow and although I won't be buying any KM badges, I'll be checking them to see if anything has sunk in.

Tony

Hello Gordon,

This is great information! I'm going to a couple of markets in Cologne tomorrow and although I won't be buying any KM badges, I'll be checking them to see if anything has sunk in.

Tony

After an evening out with Dion,I bet you won't even be able to see straight tomorrow tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

:food-smiley-004:

Dave

Gebrüder Wegerhoff, Lüdenscheid. Normal type, with initials GWL intertwined in a monogram within a circle. Also exists (i.e., on the tombak Destroyer Badge) with individual letters in line.

Rudolf Karneth. Initials RK within a circle on the U-Boat Badge . Also exists (i.e. on the Minesweeper Badge) with individual letters R.K. with full stop after each letter and without the circular border.

Edited by J Temple-West

Hello,

First of all great thread. Even though it is Imperial, I think it should be included, here is an original Walther Schott hallmark as found on an Imperial U-boat badge. As I understand Schott was the designer of the badge, not the maker (probably Juncker).

Regards,

Jody

Edited by J Temple-West

Is there an example of CE JUNCKER on a naval badge? Especially the AC badge? John

Is there an example of CE JUNCKER on a naval badge? Especially the AC badge? John

Hi John,the Juncker name does appear on their Coastal Artillery badges.I have not seen a marked AC badge.Has anyone seen a marked Juncker AC badge?,regards,Martin.

Edited by mwestley

[attachmentid=58673]John,i just picked up this Juncker Coastal Artillery badge,here's the reverse,regards,Martin.