News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

British manufactured TWM

cenkab

Gentelmen

Can I have your comments and views about the Turkish War Medal manufactured by British companies

I have just seen a TWM sılver ın the box where the trade mark occurs as

Bramah and Co

100 New Bond Street

London

When and how many of these may have been manufactured

Regards

Cenkab

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_03_2014/post-3085-0-82640100-1394793606.jpgHere is the medal and box that Cenkab mentioned. The Bramah case dates between 1910 and 1936. However the TWM looks German made to me and looking at the company records I can see no evidence of Bramah producing any thing other than locks, keys and other security equipment. I suspect the box and the medal are totally unrelated. I don't know whether there are any marks on the reverse of the TWM which will be able to give definitive attribution.

All the best,

Paul

Here is the reverse of the TWM looks German to me, the rivets should be able to give a definitive makers attribution. Alas Demir's book in storage at present while we are refitting our office or I would be able to give and answer.

Paul

Hi,

Position and style of the rivets as if they had screw nut on them as far I checked do not match the other well known makers. As Paul says most probably German specially made piece. I liked what Chris said "a probable "marriage" of the box"

Regards

Demir