News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Good Evening Gents

I recently came across a 1911 Coronation Medal for the Metroplitan Police to a PC C Scott, can any of our great reseachers out there give me an indication to this officers background please.Any information would be gratefully accepted. A very interesting medal with a good hand engraved example around the rim. Not a massive amount of value but pleased it is in my collection due to its age.

Regards

Steve M

Hello Steve,

Sorry that I can't help with any information. However these are interesting medals and, in my opinion, well worth a place in any collection.

I hope that some of the members, perhaps Mervyn, can assist you with your request.

Thanks for posting this medal and good luck on your quest.

Regards

Brian

Unfortunately because the 1911 Police Coronation Medals do not show the man's division it is often a problem trying to identify the man (there are 22 PCs called G Smith who received this medal).

In the case of PC C Scott there are three possible candidates - all called Charles Scott.

Warrant No 71309 who joined 23/02/1886 as a PC in N Division (Islington) who was pensioned 27/03/1911 and was still a PC in N Division. He re-joined N Div in June 1911 just for GV's Coronation under a new number O2626. He also earned an 1887 Jubilee Medal with the 1897 Bar and a 1902 Coronation Medal - both of these would show him in N Div.

Warrant No 99650 who joined 09/01/1911 as a PC in R Division (Greenwich) who was pensioned 25/05/1936 and was still a PC in R Division. He would have also received the 1935 Jubilee Medal.

Warrant No 100109 who joined 15/05/1911 as a PC in P Division (Camberwell) and who left with a gratuity 28/10/1919 and was then serving as a PC in N Div. This man also served with the forces in WWI and may have War Medals.

It is difficult to determine which of these men's medals you have there and that is a common problem with single 1911 Medals to men with more common surnames.

Edited by Odin Mk 3

Odin

Thanks for your time taken looking into my request. A one in three chance but that makes it more interesting as well. I must say you are quite on top of your game to have such a wealth of knowledge to this type of information.

Thanks again

Steve M