News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

some people have more money then sense!

so i was perusing ebay looking for my next british ribbon bar when i came across this auction for a supposed real VC ribbon bar!whats striking is that the seller doesn't say its a real VC bar just that it might be to a VC winner but yet the price still went crazy!!!! just seems to me that some people have more money then sense as its just a nice ribbon bar but nothing else with out more providence!!!

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/321364371257?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

The provenance is a bit like that old song- I knew a man who danced with a girl who danced with the Prince of Wales. I will have to buy a few VC ribbons and attribute them to Guy Gibson, Chard, Bromhead and Leonard Cheshire and make up a couple of double bars attributed them to Upham, Chavasse. I see the way forward to early retirement.

Paul

Guest pikemedals

Wait until the buyer try to resell it !.back in march 2013 I saw a 1915 trio named to the asc/rmlc trio sold for buy it now for £149.the buyer resold it on eBay 2 weeks ago to me for it made £77.56. I was thinking about buying the group back in 2013 for £149.it a mad world paul

• 3 weeks later...

I am sitting on about 5 meters of VC ribbon that was in a tailor shop that went out of business and I bought all the ribbon he had left.... I wonder how many ribbon bars I could make up......

Mike

What provenance? I agree that it probably was authentic or I wouldn't have bid on it, but there was no Certificate of Authenticity or any other documentation linking it to Scrimger. And it was only the cardboard box that the Presentation Box came in. Nevertheless it was a great buy for the winner!

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...

Somehow it doesn't look right. Why should a ribbon be so tattered - something like this would be treasured

and looked after. Also, I'm not happy with the size of the Cross - I think they are usually slightly smaller and

of better quality. What do others think ? Mervyn