News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Campaign Cuffs and Shields Complete ............... at last.

Clearer picture.

One representative example of each campaign award, official and unofficial.

The Balkan trial matrix is unique, I believe. It came with the original design sketch.

The Warschau is (of course) early Souval postwar. but is included for the sake of completeness. It was officially approved and designed, but never issued.

Hello John.

I think you are right there.

These must have been produced in very small numbers.

This is the only other photo I know of one of these things being worn ......................... by von Siegroth himself. Sewn down, in his case. Maybe he had more than one example !! ;)

Hello Robin.

If it would not have been for the availability of the Officers Candidate School under v. Siegroth and the Waffen-SS Signals School located in Metz it would not have held out. The literature pertaining to the first attempt to take it, both from the German and the Allied side describes the actions well. The second and final attack was countered in vain by mostly second and third rate defenders. US infantry being squandered in attempts to take isolated forts which could have been kept surrounded and starved into surrender.

You have a nice assembly, thanks for showing.

Bernhard H. Holst

Hello Robin.

If it would not have been for the availability of the Officers Candidate School under v. Siegroth and the Waffen-SS Signals School located in Metz it would not have held out.

Bernhard H. Holst

I spent many pleasant hours drinking Franken Wein with a man who was originally a Totenkopf man, but was at the Signals School during the battle. He then joined the 30th January division.

Up until the 90s he did not know the title existed.. just to show how rare it was....

Eddie, Robbin,

Thanks for that, I will have a proper look at the WAF thing tomorrow and Robin are these all of the period or are ther any vetrans assosiation type stuff in there too? If not there are quite a lot to collect?

Thanks again!

jock :)

Jock.

All of these cuff titles apparently came from a single Russian vet who gathered them from German POWs captured in the Courland pocket.

I ended up getting 3-4 of them way back when---- they were great pieces indeed... I stuck with the textbook woven ones.

• 1 year later...

Another photo of the Metz cuff title in wear has surfaced.  Only the third I know of.  Much clearer than the other two pix.

Lack of eagle and swastika on the tunic and cap suggests it dates from post-May 1945.

Looks like this was one of the officer candidates at Metz ................ serious wounds in the fighting would have qualified him for the EK2, the wound badge and the Metz cuff title.  He would have received all three on account of being badly wounded in the battle.

By the time he recovered from his wounds, the war was probably over ..................... hence the de-Nazified uniform worn for his photo.

Metz 1944 CT 5 with EK2 for Silver Wound 'Multiple Metz Award' Post-April 1945.jpg

Metz 1944 CT 7.jpg

Metz 1944 CT 8 Group.jpg