News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Couple of British Mk III helmets & A Mk IV

Guys,

Got these today, Can't make out any shell markings on the 3s but the 4 is dated 1945 with a 1952 liner. The 3s have wartime liners (see pics). The 4 has been repainted with that horrible Gloss green we used to use on Gate Guns etc.

Jock :)

Edited by Jock Auld

A good pick up Jock.

The first one, the MKIII looks good with the net. Interesting it has a 1940 dated liner in it, though the liners are the same as for MKII's so why not. The early MKIII's have a textured khaki green paint which was soon switched to the brown seen on the second one. Not sure what colour the first one is.

Here is my example, 43 on the liner, but nothing visible on the shell and it has the early textured khaki green paint.

Jerry,

I hope I can get the net back on!

:)

As do I Jock.

The paint is very thick on it and perhaps is a repaint. You have it in the hand, so easier for you to tell. A good lid and wartime examples are starting to fetch higher prices these days.

Thanks for going to the trouble of taking the extra pic.

Jerry,

I think you right as I can see where there have been paint chips near the rim, I would have thought that it is an old repaint job by the soldier though as I remember being made to paint mine in basic training, thank god for Kevlar! I also remember the poor Soldiers Under Sentence (SUS) had one of later models that was stripped to the steel and had to be kept shiny, ah, the good old days!

Jock :)