News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

2xLegion d´Honnuer

RIR80

Today i got this 2 Legion Orders from a Fleamarket!Now i need some help from the Experts!

Wich Type,and Period are these Legion Orders?

I hope 1 is from WW1 Period!

Thanks for Help!!!!111

Nice finds! Both are 3rd Republic chevalier grade--one on right may have gold center. Looks like silver fineness or maker's marks on reverse wreath tie ribbons & perhaps there may be marks on the ribbon rings too.

Nice finds! Both are 3rd Republic chevalier grade--one on right may have gold center. Looks like silver fineness or maker's marks on reverse wreath tie ribbons & perhaps there may be marks on the ribbon rings too.

Yes 1 have gold center,but this decoration looks diffrent then the other one,older usw..maybe from war 1870/71!what do you think?

Would have to do side-by-side manufacturer comparisons. 3rd Republic first types date from ca. 1872-3 -- maker marks are most useful in determining more-or-less accurate emissions. Any marks on ribbon rings?

IIIrd Republic badges of the Legion of honor were made by hundreds of thousands between 1871 and 1954.

All major firms not only made their own designs, and they usually had a choice of different styles, rangeing from the cheaper to the outstanding jeweller's quality with added diamonds or coloured stones. The range of prices was 1 to x 10/20, Remember, recipients

of French awards buy their own insignia. In many cases, these are traditionally presented as a token of appreciation by colleagues and friends.

This explains why two badges bought at random have every chance to be different.

Your badges look fine. One shows the natural damage on a badge whch was often worn, possibly by an officer. The other is in excellent condition. Nice buys !

Edited by Veteran