News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

FAKE Order of the Rising Sun

utopis

I thought we discussed this fake extensively already (-> http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/52001-fakes-quality-slowly-and-not-expertly-is-on-the-raise/page-18) But since this fake still sells for ridiculous amounts maybe we should have a look on it, again.

Just look at that: $1.150 already!!! http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEAUTIFUL-2nd-CLASS-ORDER-of-RISING-SUN-MEDAL-BREAST-BADGE-JAPANESE-JAPAN/380907055647?_trksid=p2050601.c100085.m2372&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140211132617%26meid%3D7008464255839801309%26pid%3D100085%26prg%3D20140211132617%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D380907055647%26clkid%3D7008466890564561789&_qi=RTM1562569

By the way another one for our list of fake sellers - this atrocity is described as 100% original (and to describe it as "beautiful" is an act of sacrilege against the whole collector-hood).

This fake is the whole package:

-incorrect shape (white rays don't match the length of the star base)

-very bad gilt paint

-low quality white enamels

-very low quality red enamel cabochon (the real one isn't dull, it's like a red mirror)

-screws look like they were bought from the hardware store

-wrong stamp pattern of the seals

-very low quality hinge

-star base has an irregular shape

-cut-out was made very crudely

-the fake patina colour doesn't look like a real patina

I know the seller to be honest, who also has quite some knowledge on Japanese orders and medals. I have often bought from him and have always been very satisfied with what I got.

Perhaps he had a lapse with this one, but to put him immediately in the same category of those who really sell fakes on ebay, does him, in my opinion, no justice.

Pieter

Perhaps he had a lapse with this one, but to put him immediately in the same category of those who really sell fakes on ebay, does him, in my opinion, no justice.

Of course not!

We all make mistakes :beer:

Maybe...

Still it's his listing saying 100% original. That's just sloppy

Additionally: He is now informed so if he doesn't take down the listing he still sold a fake which, technically seen, is the essence of a fakes seller.

• 1 month later...
    • 5 months later...