News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Does anyone have the book on the holders of the Bavarian Tapferkeits medal? I'm looking for a recipient by the last name of Frankl.

Hello Don,

there is a winner of the golden braverymedal:

Karl Frankl, 10. Feb. 1888.

Mauern/Oberpfalz

Gefreiter der Reserve

2. Kompanie, 25. bayerisches Infanterieregiment

date of the fight for the winning of the golden medal 6.10.15

He also got the EK2 and the black woundet badge.

Regards Andreas

Frankl received the Golden Bravery Medal on 9.2.16 for actions at Somme Py on 6.10.15, the date Andreas has above. He received the EK2 on 7.2.17. He was severely wounded at Somme Py and lost his left eye. It appears he never returned to the front and was released from active duty in 1917. The Kriegsrangliste has a bunch of abbreviations and some handwriting I can't make out, so I am iffy on the details. The EK and Bravery Medals are the only decorations shown, and the Wound Badge presumably was awarded later.

He has several Kriegsrangliste entries on Ancestry, but the one for the I.Ers.Btl. of 14.IR has the latest entries.