News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

General Service Medal clasp......

Saw this nonsense on Ebay........

This Medal was issued for service in Northern Ireland of more than 30 consecutive days. The recipient served a touch more than that, (a bar to the medal is issued for seven tours, the recipient missed it by one). Despite serving 10 years this medal was only presented to the recipient two months after his final discharge, by the postman! The recipient was reduced to the ranks prior to his discharge and so the inscription reads his final rank of Private. This medal is for tours of duty between 1987 & 1994. The last being when the fishmongers on the Shankill Road was bombed & when the Official IRA (and eventually loyalist) ceasefire came into effect.

The Medal comes with it's original box & bears the recipients details on the back, it has been fitted with a clasp for wearing on a dress uniform, but an occasion has yet to present itself.

If you require any further info please email me & I will be only to pleased to help if I can.

Maybe the fact that he was a Pte when he first went to NI, had something to do with it, also a bar for additional tours, rubbish!!!!

• 6 months later...