News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Early 20th century Glamorganshire Constabulary (Wales).

Another recent acquisition. Came as a group...a pre 1904 'blank centre' kepi badge, tunic buttons, epaulette badges, collar Divisional letter and numbers. The Glamorgan Constabulary added the Dragon motif to the centre of their cap / kepi / helmet badges after 1904. Also photographed is a badge I picked up last year --- a very rare senior officers pre 1904 helmet plate with Prince of Wales feathers motif centre.

Edited by Ross Mather

A splendid collection in their own right. The pre-1904 must be rare. Is the Officer's Helmet Plate of silver - they

usually were. Congratulations - these are items desperately in need of being collected - I expect they had been

stuck in a drawer ? Mervyn

I have not had the helmet plate tested Mervyn but could well be silver. I have only ever seen one photograph of the helmet plate on an officers helmet. I had never seen the actual badge before, nor know of another one in existence. It was actually a purchase on Ebay, that not many people bid on!!! I prepared myself for a very expensive bidding war.....which just did not happen and luckily, I picked it up very cheaply. Just goes to show that you can still find rare items. The other group of items came from the same source as the Liverpool River Police badge.....and was a sell off by the family of a gentleman who had passed away. Ross