News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The curious find of the week.....

At a show I found this amongst a grouping belonging to a german soldier. i dont know if this soldier was killed or captured, or if the german soldier found it going through abandoned goodies... or if the seller added it... but it is a rather muddy dirty item...

The man was with the Munster fusiliers at gallipoli, which is apparently something very "interesting"...

Yep, very interesting no matter where he first served, saying that, Gallipoli is becoming more and more popular popular among Brit collectors.

Have you already checked him out on ancestry? He first entered the Balkan theatre 25/4/15, no papers and he appears to have survived.

I know a John Walsh, I think that's something he'd really like to have and so would I. A Great War AB64 full of details doesn't crop up that often and I only have two of them, it might be worth checking him out on the Red Cross site when they release their POW records.

Tony

I’ve just checked again, he’s not on Ireland’s memorial record or the pension records. Perhaps he stayed in the army which I think means his service record will be at the APC in Scotland.

• 2 weeks later...