News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

BURGERHAUS said:

Don, Thank you for bringing this one out to show us all. Would the fact that it has a serial number make it at all possible to research? The silver has tarnished beautifully. Now that is patina!! Do you have any idea how many of these were issued? Also, have these been copied as frequently as other Schutzstaeffel pieces?? Robert

Nice shooting pins Gentlemen.

Robert, thanks. Apparently these can be researched but I'm not sure how to go about it. I've no idea about how many were issued, how many Norwegians served in the SS? I guess the figure would be roughly the same.

Here is something else, not a stickpin, sorry, but fits with the GssN pin above. A Sponsoring members pin for the Germanske SS Norge, the SM stands for St?ttende Medlemmer. Again, silver marked & serial numbered.

The rainbow effect at the top of the badge is due to the glare of the scanner.

Cheers

Don

SS_SM_pin_oba.jpg

• Replies 311
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Mr. Benten, Before you think that, try to view Husken 1997 page 352 Unbekannte Abzeichen-Tafel 9 Column 3 Row D. :cool: Robert

Hi Robert, I like your reply :lol: I presume you mean the Huesken catalog or book..... I don't have it. You made me curious about this, because " Unbekannte Abzeichen " .....Is it possible to post a picture?

Cheers,

Benten

Kev, Very interesting group. Would you happen to know what the back of the book says? Thanks for showing this. Robert

Hallo Robert, :beer:

please excuse my delay, had a devil of a time to find somebody to translate the information on the book in my Mar 15 2006, 10:36 Post #50.

However while in the business of transacting a medal sale to a guy in the Czech Republic, I sent him a scan of the booklet and got the following information in reply:

"Enclosed pictures are for membership card (Clensky Prukaz) in Mladez of Narodni Sourucenstvi. It means Youth of National Mutual Cooperation.

This association was something like political party or coalition of political groups which existed during WWII in Protectorate Bohemia and Moravia. The program of N S was some scale of collaboration with German occupation authorities.

Front page displays the N S Coat-of-Arms. Vlasti Zdar means Prosperity to Motherland.

The second page has identification details (Brother/Sister, Born in, and Address.

Is a member from a local group, District, Region, with Signature, Rubber-stamp, local leader, local chief.

The next page gives details about number of card; date of issue, and about paid membership contributions for the years 1940, 1941, 1942.

The last rows are for records about changes of group.

The last page is Promise or Association Motto:

Brother, Sister

Do not forget that you have done this promise:

I promise under my reputation and conscience,

That for ever I will be faithful Czech,

Led by N S rules I will loyally serve to my nation

And will work for the prosperity of my country.

Improve and learn yourself and teach others, love them and help them

This card is valid only with another official card equipped by picture and when it is properly confirmed and fees that are paid.

With many thanks for the translation to Mr. Frantisek Sedlacek of the Czech Republic. :beer:

Kevin in Deva.

Kevin, Thank You for the translation. I am astonished how nice of a condition the booklet is. Membership books intrigue me as I always wonder about the fate of the member after hostilities ended. A collaborator's fate? Thanks for remembering to do this. Take care Robert :cool:

Taken out of Husken 1997...I think it's the same. You have to like the white enamel. I hope this helps. Robert :cool:

Hi Robert , thanks for your picture. Does Huesken mention any info about the pin and the value.

Can you tell me what I thought it could be, before seeing your picture? :Cat-Scratch:

Thanks, :beer:

Benten

Benten, I would call that one a DJ shooting award in stick-pin form. There is no mention of value. However, in my humble opinion, in light of the fact that the enamel work is period and it appears authentic, and it is not often seen if ever......well you know what I mean. Maybe consider moving it to the evaluation forum. If Don is about the site today perhaops he can chime in. Hope this helps. Robert ;)

scowen said:

Not really sure what to make of it. Never seen one before apart from the diagram in H?sken.

Cheers

Don

Hallo Don, :beer:

spotted this on page 116 of AUSZEICHNUNGEN des 3. REICHES, Spezialkatalog 2003/2004 by LOTHAR HARTUNG. Maybe of some help. :jumping:

Kevin in Deva. :cheers:

PS. Is there any chance the D. J.stickpin was constructed with the crossed rifle and Sieg Emblem that was taken from the award badge shown in the right hand side of the photos, or were the D. J. insignia / award badges in the book one piece castings?

docu0035.JPG

docu0035a.JPG

Hallo Don, :beer:

spotted this on page 116 of AUSZEICHNUNGEN des 3. REICHES, Spezialkatalog 2003/2004 by LOTHAR HARTUNG. Maybe of some help. :jumping:

Kevin in Deva. :cheers:

PS. Is there any chance the D. J.stickpin was constructed with the crossed rifle and Sieg Emblem that was taken from the award badge shown in the right hand side of the photos, or were the D. J. insignia / award badges in the book one piece castings?

Hi Kevin, that is what I thought too : "taken from the black enameled part of the DJ- shooting award" . But is that correct? If I see the way of how the pin is attached; it looks mechanical done. I see no traces of something re-done. The little round pin plate is very small, diameter 2,5mm.! So I tend to think it has always been one pin, as Robert mentioned.

It could possible that this pin is made in a factory where they also made the" zigrune with rifles" to put on the black enameled part. Thank you for the pictures! :beer:

[attachmentid=37616][attachmentid=37617]

Gents, I thought I would show my R.D.KI. stickpin. I also have a Mitgliedsbuch for a poultry breeder that I got along with this. I'll scan it later. Also inside the buch is a card with an interesting stamp of a rooster on it. Robert :sleep:

File0387.jpg

File0388.jpg

Very nice Robert.

These are one of those pins that you can never seem to find in a good condition, they are always a little tired looking.

Looking forward to seeing the book.

Cheers

Don

[attachmentid=37939][attachmentid=37940]

Gents, Has it ever been this quiet? Well I just received this DBV stickpin in the post box today. When I look at it under magnification I notice the B is not quite as distinct as the images in Husken's book. I am hoping a member has an example to compare. The reverse is nicely marked S&L. Here we go. Get those scanners warmed up. Robert :beer:

File0390.jpg

File0391.jpg

[attachmentid=38529][attachmentid=38530]

scowen said:

Very nice Robert.

These are one of those pins that you can never seem to find in a good condition, they are always a little tired looking.

Looking forward to seeing the book.

Cheers

Don

Don, Quite right. Herr Poellath added his fair share of zinc to add to that tired look. Time to give this one its'annaul vaseline treatment. This one and the minature came together. Robert :catjava:

File0404.jpg

File0405.jpg

[attachmentid=39600][attachmentid=39601]

Greetings Gentlemen,

I have throughly enjoyed this thread and wish to share an item from my small collection.

Not positive as to the organization represented. (Early Luftfahrt members pin).

Lapel button reverse.

--dj--Joe

scan0003.jpg

scan0002.jpg