News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 311
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Joe,

If I'm not mistaken this is the DRL/NSRL "Ehrennadel f?r verdienstvolle Mitarbeit". I'm sure someone will verify whether this is correct or not. A rarely seen object :beer:

KR

Peter

As a probationary member, I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing everyone's beautiful items. It is so interesting how we all love this hobby. Here is my favorite stickpin---it came from Herman Goering's brother-in-law's house. Yes, those are real diamonds--not chips.

lufteagle1.jpg

As a probationary member, I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing everyone's beautiful items. It is so interesting how we all love this hobby. Here is my favorite stickpin---it came from Herman Goering's brother-in-law's house. Yes, those are real diamonds--not chips.

Can you tell us some more about this interesting and expensive "badge"- jewel :love:

Benten

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Here's another sporting pin. I've always kept it with my 36 Olympic decorations due to the date. I've only seen one other on a dealer site.

First that one:

http://www.snyderstreasures.com/pages/stickpins.htm

GLP-081

German KK-S Berlin Service Marksmanship Shooting Badge

[attachmentid=43014]

This is a 21mm German SSf. KK-S Berlin copper stickpin badge.

It is solid copper with raised lettering and wreath over a target. There is an unreadable stamped maker mark. The maker name is visible E. SCHMIDHA?SSLER PFORZHEIM.

This is for the small bore rifle marksman. (Kleinkalibergewehr Sch?tzen)

Here is a view of the back.

[attachmentid=43015]

The condition is near excellent, as shown.

$149.99

Stickpin1931KKSMarksmanF.jpg

Stickpin1931KKSMarksmanR.jpg

And now mine... in Gold:

[attachmentid=55412]

[attachmentid=55413]

[attachmentid=55414]

[attachmentid=43019]

Now that I have a scanner I redid all but the last picture which was one of the originals I did. Believe me when I say these pictures still do not do this justice in any way, shape or form.

This piece is in mint condition and it must be heavily gold plated as it looks like it's solid gold. It's never tarnished either!

So now, after finding that other one last night, I'm really wondering what mine is worth... in gold, mint condition and dated 1936... the year of the Olympic Games in Germany!

If anyone has any info on this or a guess as to how much it's worth please let me know. I've had this one forever and a day and literally last night when I found the one on Snyder's site is the first time in all these years I've ever seen another.

Thanks! :cheers:

Dan

Shooting_3.JPG

Pin_1.jpg

Pin_2.jpg

Pin_3.jpg

That is a nice one Don. I viewed the reverse first and thought you had posted an RLB. It amazes me how the designer of this badge ever-so-subtly (sp) incorporates a swastika on this piece. Would this organization be the TR version of the DOB? On furhtur inspection I notice that an RLB has 5 little points between each point. Fooled at first glance. Congrats on a nice uncommon piece. :love:

Thanks Robert.

I'm not honestly that sure, I suppose that it could be. There is an earlier version of this pin, almost the same but with the initials NDO (Nationalverband instead of Reichs) & slightly different wording around the edge. Take a peek at H?sken 9610a & 9611a, the DOB are on the same page.

Cheers

Don

I received recently a very big Zeppelin-Collection from a collector who collected this stuff over 30 years.

Here?s one of the rare stickpins of the German-Zeppelin-Reederei.

tarnished gold, well detailled stickpin; came out of a grouping of a crew member of the LZ-129 "Hindenburg".

zeppelinreederei1.JPG