News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

medal from laos ?!?!?!

No, from the Republic of Vietnam (1955-1975), the Anh-Dũng B?i-Tinh / Gallantry Cross

Awarded for acts of valor in combat by individuals or by entire units. The level of recognition for this gallantry is represented by the ribbon device, as detailed below. Approved by the RVN 15 August 1950. Awarded by the Republic of Vietnam for valor or heroic action while engaged with the enemies of the Republic of Vietnam.

-- Anh-Dũng B?i-Tinh v?i Nh?nh Duong Li?u / Gallantry Cross with Palm ? For bravery citations at the armed forces level.

-- Anh-Dũng B?i-Tinh v?i Ng?i Sao V?ng / Gallantry Cross with Gold Star ? For bravery citations at the army corps level.

-- Anh-Dũng B?i-Tinh v?i Ng?i Sao Bạc / GallantryCross with Silver Star ? For bravery citations at the divisional level.

-- Anh-Dũng B?i-Tinh v?i Ng?i Sao Đ?ńg / Gallantry Cross with Bronze Star ? For bravery citations at the brigade or regimental level.

Roughly, a CdG equivalent.

It was very widely awarded to South Vietnam ane their allies, this seems to be a real Vietnam-made example, rathar than one of those still being cranked out by US medal makers.

• 9 months later...