News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dear Mike,

That is brilliant many thanks indeed for your very fast reply it is much appreciated, are there any other resources I could check for further information on this chap? I have his medals that's my interest.

Regards David

Hi David......

The Canadians do not have Medal Information Cards the way the British do..... They are putting the War Diaries on line but they are not there yet......

Mike

The LAC is currently working on digitizing all World War One Service Records. They are supposed to have A-D up by the summer 2014 (which we are now into summer) I am awaiting this on pins and needles, as I have 4 soldiers I need to research that fall within this category.

He was a casualty. Here is the CWGC info.

Date of Death: 01/11/1917 Age: 28

Grave Reference: VI. F. 43. Cemetery: MENDINGHEM MILITARY CEMETERY

Additional Information:

Son of Violet Morphew, of St. Benet's Vicarage, Tottenham, London, England, and the late Henry Leslie Morphew. Born at Shanklin, Isle of Wight.

http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/86876/MORPHEW,%20LEIGHTON%20LESLIE

You can order a photo. of his headstone for a couple of pounds.