News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello, well i have bought Tony McGlenaghan's book, Indian Princely Medals and i indeed have to thank all here as the information  contained therein is wonderful.   and answered all my questions . except where to get ribbons but that was answered here.

Paul [email kap73p@aol.com] offers some Bahawal ribbons for sale.  Besides the Bahawal-Pak alliance medal and WW II medal ribbon, he now has some Imtiaz-i-Haroonia breast badge and Imtiaz-i-Abbasia neck cravat ribbon and may have a few others.  .   

• 3 months later...

I have been selling these Medals on eBay for a while now. Bought some Ribbon from Jeremy Tenniswood www.militaria.co.uk for North-West Frontier Medal Ribbon isn't pink in the middle field but does work. If it weren't Synthetic it could probably be bleached to a pink color. But it is definitely better than nothing.

Check out the picture of the group.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l16003.jpg

Edited by Saad Mirza

To add a little something to the subject:

Inscription on Obverse(L) in Persian: Farman Ruwayay Mumlikat-e-Khudadad Bahawalpur

Translation: [Issued by] sic the Godgiven Kingdom of Bahawalpur

Inscription(R): Befazlahu Ta'ala Sadiq Muhammad Abbasi Khamis

Translation: His Excellence Sadiq Muhammad Abbasi the Fifth.

I heard a while ago that somebody had found a hoard of Bahawalpur medals as well as well a some dies, as a result some weird and wonderful things have appeared on the market which always makes me a bit scared especially as I collect Indian Princely States amongst other things.

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

That's a wonderful group, Saad!  As my knowledge of 'Indian' medlas is confiend exclusively to the British issued gongs, I'm left wondering whether one can tell the length of service it repesents, either from the campaigns and other events commemorated or from other information on the recipient. 

• 2 months later...

Thank you very much Peter(sorry about the late reply). There is a silver addition to the Group i.e. Long Military Service Medal. This group represents about 34 years of service, starting with the Afghan War, through WWI and II, Union of the State with Pakistan in Q4 of 1947 and Golden Jubilee of Nawab Sadiq which was in 1949. I don't think that there would have been many recipients who would have served 34 years for the Nawab and got all the medals.

Bahawalpur Medals.jpg

On 1/20/2016 at 17:50, Saad Mirza said:

Thanks Peter. I am hoping to add the Kot Sabzal and the Military Good Conduct medal to the group as well, or most certainly have my eyes on them. Also,  I am in no rush to sell the group.  

And no wonder.  A lovely set of gongs!

Peter