News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello all

I am just trying to see if there is a medal roll for British and South Africa troops for the Zulu Rebellion of 1906 as I am trying to check the entitlement of someone I am researching

regards an thanks in advance

Caz

hello

thank guys

the person I am looking for is:

William George Moscrop

He served in the Coldstream Guards (1808) during the Boer War, then in the South African Army during WW 1

Regards and thanks

Caz

Hello Caz.....

The Coldstreams did not serve in the Bambata Rebellion / Natal Rebellion 1906......

And without knowing the unit you would have to go through the full medal roll and in a quick look I could not find the name......

Mike

Hi Mike

thanks for that.

The reason I am enquiring is that on his South Africa Service Record it states he was involved in the Zulu Rebellion. I also have his medal roll for the Boer war in which he was in the Coldstream Guards. His SA units where the Natal Carbineers, 2nd and 6th S.A.I. and he served in both German South West and East Africa during WW1

so he may have been in a SA unit at the time

regards and thanks

Caz

• 8 years later...