Gentleman's Military Interest Club
bigjarofwasps

Iraq Commitment Medal

Hi Gents,

Just stumbled across this...... has anyone got any opinions on why it`s only appears to be for US personal?

The full criteria is on wiki, but for some reason this site won`t allow me to add a link? Check it out and let me know what you think.

Gordon.

Just found this......Appears we can have one, to. But that any country wishing to bestow it on it`s troops have to produce it themselves? What`s all that about?

Since I posted the above threads, I`ve done a little more digging and it appears that this medal runs the risk of fading into obscurity. It does appear that very few people know about it. To that end I have created a Facebook page for it, if only to spread the word and educate people about it`s pending existence. I`d be grateful to anyone with a FB profile to pay it a visit and `like` my page. I think it would be a real shame if this medal was to be just simply forgotten about.

I dont think that this was ever created/issued. I have never seen any evidence or heard of these medals being produced.

I fear you may well be right. The most recent thing I can find on the net is for last year were the US D.O.D were still considering the idea. The main stumbling block appears to be who`ll produce them, Iraq isn`t really in a position to do so and other countries appear reluctant to fork out for it. Time will tell I suppose................

I doubt it will happen, especially based upon what is going on there now. We(the US) left too early and I think that they will not forgive us for it.

Found this on another forum, thought it might be of interest? It appears that the medal is being produced?

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/232167-an-example-of-the-iraq-commitment-medal/

' alt='' class='ipsImage' >

To all,

Found this on another forum, thought it might be of interest? It appears that the medal is being produced?

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/232167-an-example-of-the-iraq-commitment-medal/

​It appears that the picture links didn't come through. I have attached a consolidated picture accordingly.

This item is already listed on ebay so collectors could also find it there (auction no: 221698116084).

Regards,
Rob

753522.jpg