News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

First Bulgarian bravery crosses 1880

Hi Igor,

This is an extremely nice findings

This explains the very good quality of those Silver Crosses.....and their Silver content

Paul Meybauer was one of the top Order makers during WW1 and WW2 period

Best

Graf

• 4 months later...
    • 4 months later...

Igor,

I came upon your Bulgarian medal item when I searched the name Paul Meybauer. Your post features a Meybauer letter and sales catalogue details. I have been trying to find Meybauer's catalogue of about 1924, original or reprint, which features police tschakos. I already have the reprint of the C E Juncker catalogue. I would like to include in my eBook on German police tschakos the pictures of tschakos in the Meybauer catalogue. Are you able to help. I would also like a high resolution copy of the Meybauer letter in your medal post, so as to be able to include the letter head firm's name and address. In return, I can offer copies of my eBooks Russian Military Waistbelts, Russian Military Cockades, Russian Honour Scrolls (includes Bulgarian scroll, also details of scroll awards of the Liberation War 1877-78), German Honour Scrolls, German Police Tschakos.

My email is t.baldwin@hotmail.co.uk

Best regards,

Terry Baldwin

• 1 year later...

nice photo of silver cross 

IMG_0165.JPG

Photo of Nikola Korchev 

Никола Корчев - спаситель Самарско знаме

IMG_0170.JPG

IMG_0171.JPG

In bulgarian museum - medals of Angel Gerchev 

"... опълченеца Ангел Герчев от село Старчища – Неврокопско. Той е бил знаменосец на самарското знаме след 1885 година в продължение на 20 години ... "

IMG_0172.PNG

• 1 month later...
    On 4/7/2017 at 05:06, Igor Ostapenko said:

medals group from private collection 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Are these actually the same medals as in the photo?

They look different to me, especially how ribbons are folded and how medals are attached. Note Civil Merit medal - you can clearly can see ring between the medal and the ribbon, while actual medal sits higher and ring is covered between the ribbon folds.

Also, the medals in the photo seem to be held together by some device, while actual medal are bunch of loose ones.

Edited by new world

• 1 month later...

Драган Стоянов, субалтер-офицер на І дружина в Опълчението

with russian and romanian awards

IMG_1093.JPG

Nikifor Nikiforov - Lt. Gen. with soldiers cross for bravery 

IMG_1095.JPG

photo of former participant in the Voluntary Corps 

IMG_1094.JPG

Kosta Panica with soldiers cross 

IMG_1096.JPG

IMG_1097.JPG

Вестник България, № 597 от 12 февраля 1903 г. 

" Тези дни Негово Императорско Величество (руският) цар е благоволил да изпрати в подарък на всеки опълченец, кавалер на руския военен орден за храброст, по една хубава сребърна чаша с името на опълченеца и вензела на царя, а на всеки офицер-опълченец по една златна табакера. Ще бъдат раздадени 140 сребърни чаши от масивно сребро, всяка една тежаща по 72 грама, извътре позлатена с вензела на цар Николай II, поставени в дървени кутии, обвити в червена кожа с руския герб."

IMG_1098.JPG

IMG_1099.JPG

IMG_1100.JPG

Major General Блъсков, Андрей Райков in 1877-78 war "Юнкер в 4-та рота на 2-ра опълченска дружина" receive Златен войнишки кръст "За храброст" 1-ва степен

IMG_1101.JPG

Major Панов, Павел Спиридонов in 1877-78 war was унтерофицер "3-та рота на 1-ва опълченска дружина"

receive cross 2-nd class

IMG_1102.JPG

Interesting photo with names 

IMG_1103.JPG

IMG_1104.JPG

• 1 month later...

At last i managed to get hold of this rare piece, which is believed  to of the one of the first 4th Class Bravery Order...and i managed to solve one of the mystery- where was made this rare and unique piece- in France

It has a French Silver mark "boar head" I am still looking to find a maker mark -it could be anywhere on the cross .If i find it i will post you a picture.

Graf

010.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

Edited by Graf