News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all,

I have stumbled across a photo of Hauptmann d.R. Otto Hafner (b. 18.02.1883).

He was in the Fliegertruppe in WW1, but that's almost all that I know about him.

Does anyone have any details on his wartime postings / promotion dates?

Here is the picture.

Thanks and regards,

Matt.

Matt,

He was promoted Leutn.d.R. d. FAR 49 on 21-09-1909 and Oberlt. d.R. on 22-10-1915. On 09.12.1916 he received a württemberg award while

assigned to Artillerie Flieger Abteilung 225. He died 06-03-1968.

Andy

Matt,

he appears to have still been serving in FAR 49 until the beginning of May 1915. He is shown in a Stellenbesetzubgsliste for that year as being wounded in FAR 49. At the time of his promotion, he was serving with Ersatz-Feldartillerie-Regiment Nr. 65. His promotion is gazetted as to the rank of Oberleutnant der Landwehr Feldartillerie 1. Aufgebots (1st Levy) although the 1916 entry Andy refers to, he is listed as an Oberleutnant der Reserve. He was awarded the WFbX on 12 May 1915.

Regards

Glenn

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info. So he didn't make Hauptmann d.R. during the war...

By the way, I have a bunch of officers that I am searching their Hauptmann promotion date, however they are all either d.R., a.D. or died during the war.

So how would I go about finding their Hptm dates - what source is best to locate this data?

Thanks for all,

Matt.