News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello!
    My neighbour (age 79) gave me the following pieces of his brother! It´s absolutely fantastic!!!!!

All medals were included. Unfortunately the Nahkampfspange is missing.

Note the star upon his shoulder straps!!!!! That is the Inf.Div.227, lead by Generalleutnant v. Scotti. The star was the personally sign of the family Scotti!

He also gave me the Frontflugspange für Auflärer, worn by his second brother. The swastika was removed, because was he POW in an american camp. He removed it, so the americans didn´t take it away

Edited by The Prussian

Thank you, Chris!
    Well, I got it a few years ago, but I thought, I showed it here, but I was wrong. I think I fogot to show it... :whistle:

My neighbour has a sad family-history. He lost three brothers in the war. Those both and another one, who served with the Marine. Here is the last document of that estate.

I removed the adress, because it´s still the same house in which I live now, and I don´t want to make it public. I don´t know, who reads this forum too...

The Korvettenkapitän is Dr. Dralle (nov.41-jan.43)

Edited by The Prussian

Nice grouping, what terrible luck for one family!

At least one of the brothers survived. Must have been terrible for the parents getting the news by letter.

Jock :)

Hello Jock.

The established practice was that the news of a died in action soldier notification was made in person by a ranking member of the party in the home district. This document and other similar ones issued by the army and airforce after death were discontinued after approx. 1943.

As the relevant dates show the document was issued some considerable time after the date of death so with the ever mounting losses it would have become a task near impossible to handle.

Thanks to The Prussian for showing these articles.

Bernhard H. Holst

Edited by Bernhard H.Holst

• 1 year later...