Gentleman's Military Interest Club
TacHel

6 new Defense Ministry medals

The following Russian Defense Ministry medals, although not yet seen by the author :blush: , have been approved by ministerial orders:
Medal "Chief Marshal of Aviation Kutakhov"
Medal "Signal Corps Marshal Peresypkin"
Medal "For service in naval surface forces"
Medal "Artist Grekov"
Medals "All-Army competition" 1st, 2nd and 3rd place
Medals "World Championship tank biathlon 2014" 1st, 2nd and 3rd place
All hang from the standard Russian pentagonal mount.
Sorry for the tiny image, this is as good as it gets for now... All approved Defense Ministry medals (pentagonal mounted ones).
NOTE: and yes, I darn near fell off my chair... :o
Edited by TacHel

Good point...

TANK BIATHLON CLICK HERE

Thing is, they actually call it "World Championship..."

We need to go with a few Abrams and Leo 2s!

Edited by TacHel

Here are the Medals "All-Army competition" 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Still seeking ministerial orders.

-- CLICK ON PIC FOR FULL SIZE

So nice to have friends in Moscow! On the way in the mail are these 4 recently established defense ministry awards.

Left to right:

Medal "For Service in Electronic Warfare Troops"

Medal "Participant in the Struggle Against the Elements of the Amur"

Medal "For Service in Naval Surface Forces"

Medal "For achievements in the development of innovative technologies"

CLICK ON PIC TO VIEW FULL SIZE

Here's our first look at the newly established Medal "Signal Corps Marshal Peresypkin". Still seeking the establishment order.

CLICK ON PIC FOR FULL SIZE

Not a bad likeness.

Signal Corps Marshal Peresypkin

Edited by TacHel

I can't resist asking if the Russian Federation has come up with a campaign medal for the illegal occupation of Crimea.

Of course, or at least there is the "Medal for the Return of the Crimea"... instituted 25 March 2014.

I can't resist asking if the Russian Federation has come up with a campaign medal for the illegal occupation of Crimea.

Paul... Click here

I notice that orange is a part of every ribbon. What is the significance of that color. If it were orange and black(St George colors), I would understand, but orange and blue...?

All (and only) Defense Ministry ribbons have the yellow left half with a single or double black edged stripe(s). Single black edge stripe is a regular award, double edge stripes mean a commemorative or honorary award. The only department also using the edge black stripes on yellow half is the Office for Chemical Disarmament which used to be under the Defense Ministry.

Some other ministries and departments also do this to visually enhance theit awards. The Foreign Intelligence Service has a yellow bordered light blue left half.

The more recent FSB and FSO awards' ribbons have a yellow (sometimes white) bordered darker blue half.

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_11_2014/post-3030-0-62881600-1416959584.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_11_2014/post-3030-0-55989000-1416959617.jpg

Here's the new Medal "For Service in Naval Surface Forces" straight in from Moscow. I'm still looking for the complete ministerial order...

My first look of the new medal ""Chief Marshal of Aviation Kutakhov"", best, actually only pic I've found so far.

Chief Marshal of Aviation Kutakhov

My first look at the tank biathlon medals. Info has proven a bit difficult to find.

Thay hang from a white silk neck ribbon.

A pic of a first place medal recipient

2nd place recipients

Sorry, no close up yet... :unsure:

These seem to be more 'sporting awards' than proper medals. The real test is, do they have a ribbon bar and can they be worn in uniform after the award ceremony at the end of the contest.

I think the neck ribbon has been replaced by a standard Defense Ministry coloured one and that the medals were reduced in size and hung from the standard Russian pentagonal mounts, unfortunately, all I have to base that statement on is the poster in post #1 of this thread. The 4th to 6th medals from the right in the 2nd to last row.

Edited by TacHel

... unfortunately, all I have to base that statement on is the poster in post #1 of this thread.

And these more recent photos of the event winners...

Finally a photo of the tank biathlon medals in their present format.

tank_biathlon.thumb.jpg.83a0b75f1a0c57f7

Edited by TacHel

Nice - so they probably do get to wear them along with regular medals :)

It's graduation week at the university where I now work, and I'm helping with the ceremonies, but after that I'd maybe better take another look at the Russian section of my site. Haven't been there for a while and you good folks keep finding more & more medals!

Still can't find the order of precedence for the MoD...  It's driving me nuts!

How are you finding all of these?  Very cool Frank.