News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Finds of the day

Stuka - some good early material. Notice how the centre of the boot one is made to look like medals.

Your two really collectable ones are the flare pistols. Are the British or German - looking at them, I

think the big one is probabaly British - perhaps a Webley ? Certainly a good day out. Mervyn

• 10 months later...

Don't know how to bring this one in without the wife notice....

And I think I have problems, trying to smuggle books in to the house! (My wife insists on 'one in - one out'. How unfair is that?)

Best of luck, Stuka.

Edited by Trooper_D

Haha!

We had that rule (one  in - one out) for my wife's shoes! But to get that shoe story in balance she should get 3 out for any new pair coming in!

Anyway this was a very good subject (the shoe's story!)to start in order to get the tank in!! Thanks Trooper_D!

Here are some other items waiting to get in ;-)

gsm 055.jpg

We had that rule (one  in - one out) for my wife's shoes! But to get that shoe story in balance she should get 3 out for any new pair coming in!

Women and shoes - yes, I know all about that :(  Our collecting is entirely different, of course ;) 

• 3 weeks later...

In the same house I found a map of a well known( over here!!) painting with the artist's signature in pencil on it.

The guy is called Henry Luyten and had his workplace not fare from were I live.

He was a great painter, but nothing special to that.

Here it comes; he painted a portret of Manfred Freiherr von Richthofen and figured in the German propaganda magazine Signal. 

details triptiek 003.JPG

details triptiek 002.JPG

manfred.jpg

henry.JPG

signal-magazine-1941-.jpg

• 1 month later...
    • 7 months later...
    • 6 months later...

Back in the day when the wife and I had time to do things, we go downtown.  When we meet up, Terry says, "The antique store has a badge you might be interested in."  So, with no great hope I go to have a look. 

A Canadian Militia helmet, with Pattern 1908 Star Plate to the 31st Regiment.  Traces of gold paper (amateur theatricals?).  Sadly missing the screw attachment for the spike/button, but 100% authentic ("au jus" for our French friends).

And how much? 

$35!

jan2010 001.jpg

jan2010 004.jpg

jan2010 003.jpg