News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Axis/Luftwaffe flight Badges.

• Replies 80
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 years later...
    • 2 months later...
    • 3 months later...
    • 6 months later...

Hi Francois

Does this early Michael have providence? I have been told by sources with more knowledge of these awards than me that this is a copy produced by a guy in the USA who regularly sells these rare awards on Ebay. If it had providence at least we would know what an authentic one looks like.

Regards,

Colin

This was the pilot badge in the first reign of King Michael, 1927-1930.

Hi Francois

Does this early Michael have providence? I have been told by sources with more knowledge of these awards than me that this is a copy produced by a guy in the USA who regularly sells these rare awards on Ebay. If it had providence at least we would know what an authentic one looks like.

Regards,

Colin

I will only say what I remember

I sold it as original as I bought it as original

I am convinced it is original

For sure not from ebay, if my memory serves me well from G. Petersen WITH the document

That is all I remember and can say or add

Thanks Tod, I didn't know

Fran?ois et. al.,

There is so little information on the badges of the baltics. It is really hard to know what is what. I posted the input about the Latvian badge because it is relatively unknown. I agree that all the pilot pictures show men wearing the badge.

Cheers,

Tod

• 1 month later...

some Croatian badges

Are those croatian wings part of your collection or a photo from else where.

I am quite aware it is one of the most copied Croatian badges if they are in your collection

do you have closer pics

already know an originals value $550 I have something much more rarere than that a 1943-1945 gliders badge with blue enamels small piece but beautifully made by BRACA KNAUS

some Croatian badges

I only ask about the Legion Badges to see if they are real maybe one day you would like to part with it if its part of your collection .As i only collect Croatian Medals and Militaria of that period

And here comes the other type, IMO earlier manufacture, much less encountered. On the front, the visible difference with the badge shown above is the presence of a small rivet, left side under the crown

The back side reveals the main difference - the frame is thick. The round nut with two holes on the screw is also different, compared to the more common type with flat sides and no holes. The pilot has ruined a bit the badge, cutting the screw and adding a pin, but in fact I like it more with that personal touch :cheers: