News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

What it is?

Noor

Hi all,

I came across with this piece here in Dublin and because I don't know anything about the Masonic items, some advise would be greatly appreciated.

My main questions are; what it is, from what period and is there any value?

Thanking you in advance,

Noor

It is a badge of Lodge 160 (formerly lodge 421) of the Independent Order of Oddfellows, which was a New York branch of the group. The oddfellows were originally set up in the north of England in the 18th century as mutual which all funds were used for the protection of members who had fallen on hard times, the American branches split away in the 1830s and formed the Independent Oddfellows. The badge is fun but I can't imagine that it will be of any huge value.

All the best,

Paul

• 1 year later...

The principles held dear by Odd Fellows are friendship, love, and truth (FLT). The principal Odd Fellows emblem is the three links, standing for the virtues of Friendship, Love, and Truth. The duties enjoined upon Odd Fellows are to visit the sick, relieve the distressed, bury the dead and educate the orphan