News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Automobil Plakette - Fliegertreffen Sachsen 1933

Just in is this official vehicle plaque for the 1933 Air Show held in Saxony.

One of the first to be held after the coming to power of the Nazi Party, and organized by the Deutschen Luftsportverband (DLV), these Air Shows were not only used to show the latest in German aviation technology but to also raise funds for the Party and the covert recruitment of pilots for the clandestine Luftwaffe.

Made of nickel silver and green enamel, the plaque was produced by Karl Wurster – Markneukirchen.

Happy New Year to one and all.

Now that is unusual, you don't see that every day! Is the badge a tinnie or could it be an award/prize of some sort from the event?

I wonder how the shield on the Op was affixed as the holes kind of imply it may have had some sort of backing plate affair?

Edited by Jock Auld

• 5 months later...

My father recently passed away, and I found this pin in while going through his personal items. My father was a WWII US Army Air Corps C-47 radio operator. I have been trying to identify this pin and discovered this web site. I would appreciate any help. Thanks

IMG_0897 (1).JPG

Welcome to the forum.

The badge you have is what is generally known as a "tinnie".  These are small badges sold to the public at various events to raise money, usually for the NSDAP.

John has explained this particular event in his first post above.

Thank you for posting it.

Don

• 2 years later...
    On ‎31‎.‎05‎.‎2015 at 01:02, NVISRich said:

My father recently passed away, and I found this pin in while going through his personal items. My father was a WWII US Army Air Corps C-47 radio operator. I have been trying to identify this pin and discovered this web site. I would appreciate any help. Thanks

IMG_0897 (1).JPG

Hi ! Is it a 800 silver one in 3 cm size ? These are very rare and only given to honor guests.