News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Irish wings?

Hi all,

Some time back I picked up these wings from the dealers junk box. Just looked old and odd enough to spend €2 :).

But I still haven't been able to ID them. Perhaps some (aviation) enthusiast here knows more about them.

In the middle, three castles represent most likely Dublin. Around the castles there are letters "D.G.C.". My best bet was "Dublin Glider Club" but when I spoke with the people from Royal Aeronautical Society, they didn't confirm that idea.

Any ideas would be great!

Thanking you in advance,

Timo

Timo - if you are specific to Dublin , using these initials, then it will be a flying club of some sort. I don't know when Eire

acquired planes for an airforce - perhaps as early as the break-up in 1922 - but the initials would have been E (for Eire)

and whatever the Gaelic words are for Air Force. They were very nationalistic in the early days. Mervyn

• 1 year later...