News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

saki cups real old or new?

jonsey2001

Hi George,

I have a fair collection of these and yours certainly look authentic to me. 

From what I understand there are so many sake cups on the market due to their popularity that reporducing them would not be profitable.

Thanks for posting them and I hope others with more knowledge than I have will respond.

Regards

Brian

Hi George,

I have a fair collection of these and yours certainly look authentic to me. 

From what I understand there are so many sake cups on the market due to their popularity that reporducing them would not be profitable.

Thanks for posting them and I hope others with more knowledge than I have will respond.

Regards

Brian

Concur. Fakes are so unlikely, save for maybe the most unique or rarest of cups, and even then. Pick up a copy of Dan King's book, and be sure to familairize yourself with Rich's website, probably nobody more knowledgeable about sake cups than Rich or Dan.

hi all a couple of artillery cups from my collection for the irish gunner I really like the Krupp heavy gun cup nice detail, I did a bit of research on the Krupp heavy guns used by the Japanese they purchased over a 100 from Krupp for use as fortress defence around important Japanese sea ports over 20 were dismantled and sent to port Arthur during the russo Japanese war to reduce the Russian fortifications

• 10 months later...
    On 1 Feb 2015 at 16:23, Dieter3 said:

Concur. Fakes are so unlikely, save for maybe the most unique or rarest of cups, and even then. Pick up a copy of Dan King's book, and be sure to familairize yourself with Rich's website, probably nobody more knowledgeable about sake cups than Rich or Dan.

For a newbie, can you please give a URL for Rich's Website and a Title for Dan King's Book?  I have a bunch of both this kind of Saki cup (many in the shape of a WW2 Japanese Helmet), military saki bottles, and some of the larger red lacquer flatter saki cups, all of which I picked up in the orient in the early 1970s.  I'd like to find out more about them.

Edited by Doc