News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Union Jack Flag help

This is my Union Jack. I recently acquired it and am looking for any information regarding age, etc.

It is of multi-piece construction, and marked UNION JACK 6FT. It has no broad arrow marks. It came with a story about WWII, but I know better than to buy the story along with the piece.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Paul

Paul,

I think the age of a British flag will just be a matter of opinion unless it's actually dated or made of polyester. It hasn't changed its appearance in about 200 hundred years or so. I do know that older, smaller flags have British Made stamped on them however, I don't know if that practice has stopped or if it was only used on small, bunting type one piece printed flags.

With a bit of luck we'll have a Brit flag expert here who can give a better reply than I can.

Tony

Date wise it exhibits certain features that make it per 1945, though as to whom it was made for, civilian or armed forces I could not say.  The extra lines visible in the weave are typical or flags produced prior to circa 1945.