News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ribbon bar collection of Rick Lundstrom at SOS

I have been helping to sell Rick Lundstrom's collection and will have a portion of his ribbon bar collection at the SOS in Louisville. Many of the bars that Rick used for his ribbon bar article on this forum will be available. I will be at a table with Stephen Previtera of Winidore.

I have been helping to sell Rick Lundstrom's collection and will have a portion of his ribbon bar collection at the SOS in Louisville. Many of the bars that Rick used for his ribbon bar article on this forum will be available. I will be at a table with Stephen Previtera of Winidore.

:o   Are any bars attributed to fliegertruppen?  (I won't even ask if any were from Tsingtau, China)

I don't recall where Stephen Previtera's table is. It maybe list under Winidore Press. Stephen wrote the recent large flight badge book so his table will not be hard to find. While the auction maybe a nice idea it will be to hard to manage in a short period of time.

• 3 weeks later...

​Speaking of Lippe...  While Paul C was unpacking Rick's ribbon bars at SOS, I walked over to Craig Luther's table at the back wall of the main room.

He was selling the extensive ribbon bar collection of a deceased Wisconsin collector.  Luther bought the entire collection at an estate auction.

I bought only this one S-Lippe bar (below) so I would still have enough money to buy some of Rick's bars later on from Paul C.

As usual, the imperial and FK bars were underpriced, and any of the ones with HKs on them were overpriced.  

">7er Feldspange Schaumburg Lippe.jpg

Nice ribbon bar.  I really like the Legion Condor on the end.  It is a Legion Condor ribbon?

I wonder if the ribbon bar could be identified?

Nope, no Legion Condor...it´s Lippe-Detmold "Medaille auf den erstrittenen Thronanspruch 1905" (Lippe-Detmold Lawsuit medal 1905), quite rare medal (176 awards).

:o        :cheers:

DOE 1181 / H&S 755 ?

Wow.  A very unusual medal indeed.  Because of today's date I might believe you are trying to fool me, but the evidence is there.  Do you know any more about the medal than what is in H&S?

​Considering that only 176 of the Erstrittenen Thronanspruch Lippe-Detmold commemorative medals were issued, the recipient could at least be narrowed down.

The fourth ribbon is undoubtedly the Lippe Militaer Verdienst Medaille mit Genfer Kreuz and that, combined with the Hausorden, should narrow it down even further, I should think.

​I did a small check already on yesterday, but it isn´t as easy as it looks like.
    There are no rolls for the Schaumburg award and there are different possibilities for the Hausorden award, e.g. 4th class, but also silver or golden merit cross.
    I would consider the following facts:
    The person was born after 1880, due to missing Centenar medal and active participation in WW 1.
    He was from the principal Lippe-Detmold.

But the ribbon in the middle (white-red) drives me crazy...I would consider it as "Medaille für deutsche Volkspflege" from 1939, does anybody agree?

If this is correct, the identification might get really difficult, because the Hausorden was awarded after 1918, too.
    But I don´t have these rolls.

Regards
    Roman

​By accident?  This is the kind of "accident" I want to make. :)  Looks like a really nice bar!    

Maybe you can post a photo of the entire bar for us to see. 

​Ok, I will do it in a seperate threat.

Back to the ribbonbar, I agree with Militärerdienstmedaille mit Genfer Kreuz, because it would fit to the Prussian Red Cross medal, too.
    But still no idea on the candidate...