News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

FR34 Schülterklappen collection

Been collecting straps and other items from Füsilier-Regiment Königin Viktoria von Schweden(Pommersches) Nr.34 for some time now and finally acquired a Einjährige! 

Thought I'd get some help in identifying the different models. What does the blue stripe represent, Einjährige, same as the polka piping, unteroffizer or something else? Are the feldgrau only M1915 or any other designation? Believe the short ones are mantel klappen? Any model number on the "dunkelblau" straps? Some of them has remnants of the number 34 still visible and reused in 1905 when they got Viktoria's chiffer. Thanks for viewing.

Namnlös.thumb.jpg.34015a1b3fb37c75cf0a5

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the replies. Been collecting FR34 for a couple of years and try to acquire it if something shows up. (I'm eternally grateful if you see something and fire away a tip to me). ;)

A couple of old pictures of the collection. The tunic and cap is named to a Oberleutnant in the regiment. Found the nice goblet here in Sweden. Turns out it's for a "volunteering" swedish Fähnrich. I'll gladly post a couple of my documents concerning FR34 that I myself is only able to make out fragments of.

Any help on the different schulterklappe models?

20140414_122557.jpg

20140414_122610.jpg

20140414_122840.jpg

20140414_124009.jpg

20140414_125328.jpg

20141008_223025.jpg

138122590_1.jpg

138122590_2.jpg

138122590_3.jpg

Edited by Christian J

Christian,

It appears you have all of the possible feldgrau patterns of the regiment's enlisted man's shoulder straps. The ones that have or have had "tongues" (Laschen) on the reverse are the M1907 pattern. They should be approximately 5,5cm wide. The narrower M1915 pattern examples are approximately 4,5cm wide. I can't tell from your photo if the pair on the bottom right have dirty white piping or are just unpiped. If they have no piping, then they are the third pattern, the so-called "simplified" pattern which was authorized in January of 1915. This pattern was made in feldgrau wool, a lighter gray overcoat wool material and occasionally out of other feldgrau materials (ribbed wool, cotton canvas, etc.). These were superceded by the M1915s by regulation on September 21, 1915, but continued to be worn until war's end.

Here are two of my examples (the M15 is half of a pair).

Chip

img091.jpg

My pleasure, Christophe.

Thanks for the info Chip. No piping on the bottom right, so a simplied pair it seems. :) Do you have any further info on the dunkelblau straps? I'm curious about the blue cord. Not sure that I've seen this before. Otherwise much obliged.

Christian,

The full color 6.5 cm straps are normally called the 1895 pattern, as that was the last uniform change date for the Dunkelblau tunic. The blue cord at the base of some of these straps is "für erfolgte Abkommandirungen zum Lehr-Infanterie-Bataillon".

Chip