News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help with officers cap

Hi I purchased this cap in Cornwall last week and I'm looking for help identifing, age and regiment etc any info welcome, the cap is in resonble condition with some sticking in the interior undone, it has a leather strip inside with " roam leather" stamped into it. Also there is a name and number written in pen on the inside of the leather, there seems to be a waterproof interior as well, will add photo of the name cheers all

image.jpg

image.jpg

Parker, RA if I'm reading the band lettering correctly.  perhaps one of the UK members can suggest how likely it is that you'll be able to ID the owner.  I suspect, sadly, that there were very likely more than one and possibly more than 10 Col. Parkers in a copr that large!  A very quick Google turns up at least 3.

• 2 months later...

From what I can see of the shape of the peak I would date this to late WWII or ealry post war into the early 50's.

Nice cap, any sign of a makers logo in the crown or behind the sweatband?

Jerry  -  nice to see you back on the Forum after being MIA.  Hope all is well ?  Mervyn

Hi Mervyn.

I am glad to be back, I had an operation, which was fine, also I changed browsers which meant I lost all my bookmarks and/or the passwords and also I decided to have a bit of a break from the forums.

Glad to be back with some new things to see here and also some my own to show and discuss.